BFP, or the Bureau of Fire Protection, is the agency responsible for providing fire protection and prevention services in the Philippines. It was established in 1991 as part of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, and since then, it has been committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
One of the key objectives of the BFP is to prevent fires from occurring in the first place. To achieve this goal, the agency conducts regular inspections of buildings and facilities to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary fire safety equipment, such as fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers. The BFP also provides education and training programs to the public on fire safety and prevention.
When fires do occur, the BFP is well-equipped to respond quickly and effectively. The agency has over 25,000 personnel, including firefighters, medical responders, and administrative staff, stationed throughout the country. These personnel are trained to handle a wide range of emergency situations, from rescuing people from burning buildings to providing first aid to those who have been injured.
In addition to its firefighting and prevention services, the BFP also plays a crucial role in disaster response. During natural disasters, such as typhoons and earthquakes, the BFP provides rescue and relief operations, as well as assistance in evacuation and recovery efforts.
Overall, the BFP is a vital organization that plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people. Its commitment to fire safety and prevention, as well as its expertise in emergency response and disaster management, make it an invaluable asset to the country.
BFP Region 9 Recruitment
BFP Region 9 has recently announced that it is accepting applications for ninety five (95) vacancies for Fire Officer 1 (FO1) Regular Recruitment CY 2023.
This announcement is significant as it indicates that BFP Region 9 is actively seeking to fill these positions in order to improve its firefighting force and enhance its ability to respond to emergencies and prevent fires from occurring in the Zamboanga Peninsula Region.
As an entry-level position in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), a Fire Officer 1 (FO1) in the Philippines can expect to receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary.
The basic salary of a FO1 in BFP is PHP 29,668 per month, which includes base pay, cost of living allowance, and other mandated allowances such as the PNP-RSBSA (PNP Retiree and Separated Benefits and Security Agency) contribution, and hazard pay.
Aside from the basic salary, FO1s are also entitled to receive additional benefits such as health and life insurance coverage, retirement benefits, and leave benefits. The agency provides medical, dental, and vision care benefits to its employees, along with various other health programs such as annual physical examinations and regular health seminars.
FO1s also have opportunities for career advancement and professional development, including in-service training programs, seminars, and workshops. This can allow them to gain new skills and knowledge, as well as to increase their salary as they progress in their career.
Furthermore, working as an FO1 in BFP also provides the opportunity to serve the community and make a positive impact in the lives of others. Firefighters play a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the public by responding to emergencies, conducting fire safety inspections, and educating the public about fire safety and prevention.
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Open to all male and female Filipino citizen not less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age;
- Must be at least 1.57 meters or 5’2″ in height for male and 1.52 meters or 5’0″ for female;
- Must weigh not more or less than five (5) kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institute of learning;
- Must have Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level Eligibility;
FO1 applicants must register at the BFP Region 9 Recruitment Google Form with link, https://forms.gle/tPJAnwYdPFxpPf957 and must personally submit ONE (1) set of application folder in accordance with the color coding containing the following documents from April 03, 2023 until 5pm of April 21, 2023, to wit:
|Zamboanga del Norte||Red|
|Zamboanga del Sur||Orange|
- Application Letter (indicating the position applied for and addressed to the Regional Director, BFP9);
- Full accomplished Computerized Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212, revised 2017) which can be downloaded HERE, with recent 3.5cm x 4.5cm (passport size) picture. Print entries using Black Ballpen. Do NOT use sign pen;
- Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212 Attachment for applicants who filled-in page 2 PDS work experience portion) which can be accessed HERE;
- Authenticated copy of the following:
- Service Record (for previous government employees);
- Latest Performance Evaluation (for previous government employees);
- Appointment (for previously/ presently employed government employees);
- Transcript of Records and College Diploma;
- Certificate of Second Level Eligibility from Civil Service Commission (CSC)/ Professional Regulations Commission (PRC0 with authenticated photocopy of unexpired PRC ID;
- Certificate of Waiver issued by Chief, BFP (for applicants with Age and/or Height deficiency/ies);
- Photocopy of the following documents:
- PSA copy Certificate of Live Birth;
- PSA copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable);
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance;
- Police (PNP) Clearance;
- Municipal Trial Court (MTC) Clearance;
- Regional Trial Court (RTC) Clearance;
- For Applicants with previous employment, he/she should submit the following clearances from his/her employer, IF APPLICABLE:
- Company/ Agency Clearance;
- No Money and Property Accountability (NMPA) Clearance;
- Command Clearance;
- IAS Clearance;
- Certificate of Non-Pending Case;
- Certificate of Honorable Dismissal;
- Photocopies of Tax Identification (if any), PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG Numbers;
- Photocopies of verified PhilHealth Member Data Record (MDR) and Pag-IBIG Fund Member Data Form (MDF).
To access all forms, please visit the links posted below:
How to Apply
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in their application to:
CSUPT RENATO BADONG MARCIAL (DSC) Regional Director BFL Building, Fernan St., Palmera, San Pedro, Pagadian City email@example.com
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
Jobseekers who are passionate about serving their community and making a positive impact in the lives of others are encouraged to consider joining the BFP Zamboanga Peninsula Family.
By applying for the FO1 Regular Recruitment CY 2023 in BFP Region 9, you can become part of a team that is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
Together, we can make a difference and build a safer, stronger, and more resilient community.
Source: BFP9 Recruitment