BFP, or the Bureau of Fire Protection, is the agency responsible for providing fire protection and prevention services in the Philippines. It was established in 1991 as part of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, and since then, it has been committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
One of the key objectives of the BFP is to prevent fires from occurring in the first place. To achieve this goal, the agency conducts regular inspections of buildings and facilities to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary fire safety equipment, such as fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers. The BFP also provides education and training programs to the public on fire safety and prevention.
When fires do occur, the BFP is well-equipped to respond quickly and effectively. The agency has over 25,000 personnel, including firefighters, medical responders, and administrative staff, stationed throughout the country. These personnel are trained to handle a wide range of emergency situations, from rescuing people from burning buildings to providing first aid to those who have been injured.
In addition to its firefighting and prevention services, the BFP also plays a crucial role in disaster response. During natural disasters, such as typhoons and earthquakes, the BFP provides rescue and relief operations, as well as assistance in evacuation and recovery efforts.
Overall, the BFP is a vital organization that plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people. Its commitment to fire safety and prevention, as well as its expertise in emergency response and disaster management, make it an invaluable asset to the country.
BFP Region 11 Recruitment
BFP Region 11 has recently announced that it is accepting applications for one hundred nine (109) vacancies for Fire Officer 1 (FO1) Regular Recruitment CY 2023.
This announcement is significant as it indicates that BFP Region 11 is actively seeking to fill these positions in order to improve its firefighting force and enhance its ability to respond to emergencies and prevent fires from occurring in the Davao Region.
As an entry-level position in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), a Fire Officer 1 (FO1) in the Philippines can expect to receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary.
The basic salary of a FO1 in BFP is PHP 29,668 per month, which includes base pay, cost of living allowance, and other mandated allowances such as the PNP-RSBSA (PNP Retiree and Separated Benefits and Security Agency) contribution, and hazard pay.
Aside from the basic salary, FO1s are also entitled to receive additional benefits such as health and life insurance coverage, retirement benefits, and leave benefits. The agency provides medical, dental, and vision care benefits to its employees, along with various other health programs such as annual physical examinations and regular health seminars.
FO1s also have opportunities for career advancement and professional development, including in-service training programs, seminars, and workshops. This can allow them to gain new skills and knowledge, as well as to increase their salary as they progress in their career.
Furthermore, working as an FO1 in BFP also provides the opportunity to serve the community and make a positive impact in the lives of others. Firefighters play a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the public by responding to emergencies, conducting fire safety inspections, and educating the public about fire safety and prevention.
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Open to all male and female Filipino citizen not less that twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age;
- Must be at least 1.57 meters or 5’2″ in height for male and 1.52 meters or 5’0″ for female;
- Must weigh not more or less than five (5) kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institute of learning;
- Must have Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level Eligibility;
Interested and qualified applicants must personally submit one (1) set of application folder with letter tabbings and table of contents containing the following documents at Human Resource Management Section (HRMS), BFP Regional Office XI, with office address at Leon Garcia corner Monteverde Sts., Davao City starting 04 April 2023 until 21 April 2023, 5 pm with:
- (1 copy) Completely filled-in Initial Evaluation Form (IEF), FO1 Applicant Requirement Checklist (ARc), and Checklist of eligibility. Downloadable thru this link: https://tinyurl.com/28dab2cp
- (1 copy) Application Letter addressed to F/SSUPT RICHARD V ARBUTANTE, MPSM, DSC, Regional Director, indicating the position applied for.
- (2 copies) Duly notarized handwritten/ computerized Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (CS Form 212 Revised 2017) which can be downloaded HERE. Print entries using BLACK BALLPEN and use BLUE pen in affixing signature. Do NOT use sign pen. Dates should be ranging from 04 April 2023 to 21 April 2023.
- (2 copies) Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212 Attachment who filled-in page 2 of PDS work experience portion) which can be downloaded HERE. The date in WES must correspond to the date written in PDS.
- (1 copy each) Authenticated copy of the following documents:
- Service Record (for previous government employees);
- Latest Performance Evaluation (for previous government employees);
- Transcript of Records, College Diploma, and Certification, Authentication & Verification (CAV);
- Certificate of Second Level Eligibility from CSC/ Unexpired PRC ID;
- Certificate of Waiver (CoW) granted by chief, BFP (for applicants with Age and/or Heights deficiency/ies; and
- Unexpired clearances: Barangay, Police, MTC, RTC, and NBI
- Applicants with height/age deficiencies must secure a Certificate of Waiver before application. Absence of the same shall mean outright disqualification of the applicant.
- Documents must be authenticated only by the issuing office.
- Incomplete application requirements shall not be accepted.
- (1 copy each) Photocopy of the following documents:
- Certificate of Live Birth issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA);
- Marriage Certificate issued by PSA (if applicable);
- Unexpired Driver’s License issued by LTO and/or TESDA NCII or III in Driving (if applicable);
- HDMF/Pag-IBIG MDR Form, Tax Identification Number Verification Slip/ Certification issued by BIR, and PhilHealth MDR Form; and
- Plantilla/Appointment for applicants with previous or current government service (if applicable);
- ECG with readings from cardiologist or Internist, Serum Pregnancy Test (for female), and Ishihara Test and Visual Acuity test (Ishihara Test should be 25 plates)
- Scanned copy of the test results must be submitted to the Health and Emergency Medical Services email address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 21 April 2023.
- Hard copies (photocopy) to be secured in long brown envelope of the above results must be submitted at the submitted at the same office and same date.
- One (1) Long Brown Envelope containing the following documents: Download checklist thru this link: https://tinyurl.com/EligChecklist
How to Apply
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in or send through courier/email their application to:
SINSP JANINE M MAMOLANG Acting Chief, Admin Division Leon Garcia corner Monteverde Sts., Davao City email@example.com
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
Jobseekers who are passionate about serving their community and making a positive impact in the lives of others are encouraged to consider joining the BFP Davao Family.
By applying for the FO1 Regular Recruitment CY 2023 in BFP Region 11, you can become part of a team that is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
Together, we can make a difference and build a safer, stronger, and more resilient community.