Struggling to be part of a job as a Jail Officer 1 with BJMP and wondering where to start?
We get it. Finding a job, especially one that supports your family, can be hard.
At Philippine Go, we care about your dreams. Our mission is to guide you through the BJMP recruitment process, making your dream of becoming a Jail Officer 1 a reality.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to understand the job, meet qualifications, apply effectively, and never miss a deadline.
Ready to make it happen? We’re here to support you every step of the way. So Keep reading, and let’s get you that Jail Officer 1 position!
Table of Contents
About the BJMP Recruitment
BJMP Recruitment is a process that selects qualified individuals to join the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology.
The recruitment process aims to find candidates who possess the necessary skills and qualifications to work in law enforcement.
The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology Verified Facebook Page has recently shared exciting news for those interested in becoming a Jail Officer I.
As of November 11, 2023, they have posted a recruitment announcement, and we are here to share with you the qualifications and requirements to be one of them.
If you’re interested in serving your country and making a difference in your community through law enforcement, keep reading to learn more about the requirements and how to apply.
To be eligible for the Jail Officer I position at the BJMP, candidates must fulfill several criteria:
- Be a natural-born Filipino citizen
- Possess good moral character
- Successfully undergo Neuro-Psychiatric Evaluation, Medical Examination, and drug test to assess physical and mental health
- Hold a Baccalaureate Degree from a recognized institute of learning
- Have the appropriate civil service eligibility
- Have no history of dishonorable discharge or dismissal for cause from previous employment
- Have no final convictions for offenses or crimes involving moral turpitude
- Be between the ages of twenty-one (21) and thirty (30) years
- Meet specific height requirements (at least 1.57m for males, 1.52m for females, with a waiver option for cultural community applicants)
- Maintain a weight within five kilograms (5kgs) of the standard weight corresponding to height, age, and sex.
Submit the following documents for the application process:
- Duly Accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by PSA
- Authenticated Copy of College Diploma
- Authenticated Copy of Transcript of Records
- Authenticated Copy of Eligibility or Board Rating (with PRC ID)
- Photocopy of Marriage Certificate (if married) issued by PSA
- Photocopy of NBI Clearance
- Photocopy of PNP DI Clearance
- Photocopy of PNP Clearance
- Photocopy of Barangay Clearance
- Photocopy of the following Court Clearances:
- Regional Trial Court
- Municipal Trial Court
- Fiscal Clearance
- Photocopy of NCIP/NCMF Certificate (if necessary), with NCMF issued by the Bureau of External Relations
- Photocopies of Previous and Present Employment Certificate/s
- Photocopies of Certificate/s of Seminars/Trainings Completed
- Bring original documents for evaluation.
- Bring 1 piece of 1×1 and 2 pieces of Passport Size Pictures with a name tag and signature.
- All documents submitted must be authenticated by appropriate authorities.
Important: Arrange all Documents in a long white folder with tabbing and also prepare 3 sets of documents. See the folder below as reference.
What are the Benefits?
If you apply for the Jail Officer 1 position in BJMP, you’ll get a monthly base pay of P29,668 (salary grade 10) and a gross monthly salary of P37,448. Plus, you’ll receive various benefits such as an allowance, medical and dental benefits, and longevity pay, among others. Additionally, you’ll be entitled to a hazard pay of P540 per month.
How to Apply
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to apply for the BJMP Recruitment as a Jail Officer I:
- Step 1: Check Your Qualifications
- Before applying, make sure you meet the following qualifications:
- Step 2: Gather Required Documents
- Step 3: Download and Fill Out Personal Data Sheet (PDS)
- Download the Personal Data Sheet here. Fill it out completely.
- Step 4: Prepare Passport Photos and Name Tags
- Bring 1pc 1×1 and 2pcs Passport Size Pictures with name tags and signatures.
- Step 5: Organize Documents
- Arrange all documents in a long white folder with tabbings. Prepare three sets of documents.
- Step 6: Bring Original Documents for Evaluation
- Make sure to bring the original documents for evaluation.
- Step 7: Submission
- Interested applicants are advised to go to the nearest regional office in your area, and you can also click the buttons below for the online recruitment registration:
other regions to be updated soon; please standby…
For more details and concerns, please address your concerns to the following email addresses at each BJMP regional offices:
Here are some valuable tips to enhance your chances of getting highly hired:
- Thoroughly Understand Requirements: Familiarize yourself with the qualifications and document requirements.
- Complete and Authenticate Documents: Take the time to diligently fill out the Personal Data Sheet (PDS) and gather all required documents.
- Prepare for Evaluation: Organize your documents in a long white folder with tabbing and prepare three sets.
- Attention to Detail: Pay close attention to the details outlined in the application process, including the size and specifications for passport photos.
- Check Regional Submission Details: Stay updated on regional-specific submission details by clicking on the provided buttons or referring to the contact table.
- Email for Inquiries: If you have any concerns or inquiries, reach out to the designated email addresses for each Bureau of Jail Management regional office.
- Be Aware of Benefits: Understand the benefits associated with the Jail Officer I position, including salary, allowances, medical benefits, and hazard pay.
- Timely Application: Even if a specific deadline is not mentioned, submit your application in a timely manner.
Remember, your journey to becoming a Jail Officer I is important to us, and we wish you the best of luck in your pursuit.
Stay focused, stay prepared, and let’s work together to make your dream a reality!
Disclaimer: This website provides job information only; it doesn’t hire or ask for any fees. Learn more.
- BJMP: Job Recruitment, Qualification, Requirements and How to Apply (BJMP Verified Facebook Page) Retrieved Date: November 12, 2023