The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announces the schedule of online applications for the Fire Officer Exam (FOE) 2022 through CSC Examination Announcement No. 1, Series of 2022.
NOTE: Applications will be on first-come-first-serve basis and shall be close anytime before the deadline if the CSC Regional/Field office already reached the target number of applicants.
FIRE OFFICER EXAM SCHEDULE
The Commission has calendared the direct of FOE for CY 2022. The date of the Examination is supposed to be on October 23, 2022. Intrigued candidates may apply from August 18, 2022 to September 1, 2022.
Date of Examination: October 23, 2022
Start of Application: August 18, 2022
End of Application: September 1, 2022
Applicants are advised to stay tuned on the Civil Service Commission announcements on its official Website.
FOE aims to establish a Roster of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to second level ranks in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and other functionality related positions shall be made, provided the eligibilities meet the qualifications and other requirement of the positions.
FOE ONLINE APPLICATION 2022
It is expected that the CSC regional offices will release the links where to apply online. Stay tuned for the update. We will keep you informed at this section.
WHO CAN TAKE THE FOE
Here are the specific qualifications for the Fire Officer Exam as posted by CSC (extracted from the FOE 2018 guidelines). All applicants must strictly meet these qualifications in order to qualify.
- Must be Filipino citizen;
- Must be 21 to 35 years old at the date/time of filing of application;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must be mentally and physically fit;
- Must have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Must have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning;
Take note of the following additional reminders
- Age requirement shall be waived for incumbent employees of the BFP and former employees of BFP provided their applications are endorsed by BFP and they can meet the the minimum service requirement pursuant to existing laws.
- Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification, for which the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
- Applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225 may apply for and take the examination upon presentation of original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, and meeting of all the other admission and application requirements for the examination.
- Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and on Section 57 (a) of the 2017 Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service.
The following eligibilities may opt not to take the exam
Bar examination passers given by the Supreme Court of the Philippines are automatically granted with Civil Service Eligibility.
Board Exam passers given by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) are also automatically granted with CSC eligibility under Republic Act No. 1080.
Honor Graduates may opt not to apply also since they are already eligible and may be granted with Honor Graduate Eligibility under P.D. 907.
Though the following are already CSC eligibles, they can always opt to take CSE if they like.
Passers of Civil Service Exam Professional Level and Career Service Examination for Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO) may opt not to take the exams as well.
FOE REQUIREMENTS 2022
- APPLICATION FORM: Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016).
NOTE: The ‘Signature’ and the ‘Right Thumb mark’ as per CSC shall be left blank as this will be accomplished in the presence of CSC representative/ processor.
- ID PICTURES: Four (4) pieces of ID photos printed in good quality photo paper, Passport size, colored with white background, with handwritten name tag showing the signature over printed full name format. In the photo studio, just tell that the photo is to be used for Civil Service application, they already know the specifications. Meanwhile, here are the detailed specifications:
- Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Philippine passport picture size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78” x 1.38”)
- Colored, with white background and printed on good quality photo paper
- Must be in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm. below the chin)
- Must be in bare face (with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover the facial features (facial features not computer enhanced)
- Must show the left and right ears
- Must be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Must have handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing signature over printed full name in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any
- ID – Original and photocopy of any of the following ID Cards, which is preferably valid. All other ID’s not included in below list shall not be accepted.
- Driver’s license/ Temporary Driver’s license/ Student Driver’s Permit;
- PRC License ID;
- SSS ID;
- GSIS ID;
- Voter’s ID;
- BIR/Taxpayer’s ID;
- Philhealth ID
- Postal ID;
- Current company ID;
- Current School ID;
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate;
- Barangay ID;
- NBI Clearance;
- Seaman’s Book;
- HDMF Transaction ID;
- PWD ID;
- Solo Parent ID;
- Senior Citizen ID;
- Alient Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-CARD);
- CSC Eligibility Card
- EXAMINATION FEE: 700 pesos
Additional Requirements (if applicable)
- For applicants without date of birth in their ID cards – Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), or the Local Civil Registry printed in Security Paper.
- For applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225 – Original and Photocopy of Certification of Retention/ Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- For incumbent employees of BFP, availing of the waiver on age requirement – Certification of Employment issued by the authorized agency official
- For former employees of BFP, availing of the waiver on age requirement – Application Endorsement by the authorized BFP official with a statement certifying that the applicant can meet the minimum service requirement based on existing laws
FOE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
You must submit all the required documents personally in the CSC Regional Office (CSC RO), or at any of the CSC RO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination. You can visit the CSC website for more information.
Fire Officer exams on October 2022 are expected to be held at the following testing centers.
- Region 1 – San Fernando City, La Union
- Region 2 – Tuguegarao City
- Region 3 – San Fernando City, Pampanga
- Region 4 – Batangas City
- Region 5 – Legazpi City
- Region 6 – Iloilo City
- Region 7 – Cebu City
- Region 8 – Tacloban City
- Region 9 – Zamboanga City
- Region 10 – Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 – Davao City
- Region 12 – Koronadal City/ General Santos City
- National Capital Region (NCR) – Quezon City
- Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) – Baguio City
- CARAGA – Butuan City
- BARMM – Cotabato City
FOE 2022 EXAM COVERAGE
The October 2022 Fire Officer Exams covered the following topics:
- General Ability (25%): Verbal, Analytical and Numerical
- Fire Suppression (30%)
- Pre-Fire Planning;
- Firefighting Techniques and Procedures;
- Tools, Equipment and Apparatus
- Fire Safety and Prevention (20%):
- Fire Code of the Philippines;
- Fire Safety Related Codes, NFPA Laws and other BFP Issuances (Building Code, Electrical Code);
- BFP Citizens Charter, SOP/MCs on Fire Safety Inspection
- Fire Investigation (15%)
- The Law on Arson in the Philippines (RPC);
- Constitutional Rights of the Accused
- Prima Facie Evidence of Arson
- Rules of Court
- Procedures and Techniques;
- Identification, Preservation and Handling of Evidence
- Other Related Procedure and Techniques
- SOP’s in Fire and Arson Investigation
- The Law on Arson in the Philippines (RPC);
- Administrative Matters (10%)
- RA 6975, 9263 & 9592 and its IRR;
- CSC Rules and Regulations and Qualification Standards;
- BFP Memo Circulars and SOP’s on Administrative Matters
NOTE: As part of the COVID-19 health protocols, examinees shall be required to accomplish a Health Declaration Form (HDF), which will be available at CSC official website.
Examinees are advised to pre-accomplished the HDF prior to the examination day. The temperature reading will be written only upon going through thermal scanning at the main entrance of the school/testing venue.
The FOE exams has 160 items, 150 for test proper while 10 items for Examinee Descriptive Questions (EDQ), pertaining to personal data of examinees. The exams will start from 8:00 A.M. to 11:05 AM or 3 hours and 5 minutes.
The applicant is advised by the Commission to come at the examination center one hour before the test proper.
The examinee shall obtain 80.00% general rating to pass the examination.
FIRE OFFICER ELIGIBILITY
Shall the examinee passed the Fire Officer Exams, Civil Service Commission will confer to the passer the Fire Officer Eligibility. It is the second level eligibility, which is specific and appropriate for appointment to second level ranks in the fire protection service and functionality.
On examination day, be sure to take not of the following
- No face-mask and face shield, no entry
- No ID Card/document, no exam
- Be at the testing venue not later than 6:30 AM
- Observe physical distancing
- Wear proper attire on examination day, preferably white T-shirts/tops. Sleeveless shirt/blouse, shorts/short pants, tokong pants, ripped jeans and slippers are not allowed.
- Examinees are not allowed to bring cellular phones, gadgets, smartphones, smart watches, pens and glasses with built-in camera, books and other forms of printed materials and other similar items.
- Bringing the test booklet outside of examination room is strictly prohibited.
THINGS TO BRING
Don’t forget to bring the following on examination day
- ID Card – preferably the same ID presented during application
- Black ball pens
- Health Declaration Form
- Personal Alcohol/Sanitizer
HOW TO APPLY FOE 2022?
FOE applicant must communicate/coordinate with the CSC RO or with any CSC RO’s Field Offices where they intend to take the examination regarding the mode of filing of application and the corresponding procedures. Complete directory of these offices can be found at CSC official website.
RELEASE OF RESULTS
CSC targeted to release the official results and list of passers for FOE October 2022 on December 3, 2022.
CSC advised examinees to directly coordinate with CSC Regional Office for other concerns like verification of examinee number, and other examination result related matters.
To keep updated we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit CSC official website, follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.
Source: Civil Service Commission and Bureau of Fire Protection