About Philippine Coconut Authority
The Philippine Coconut Authority (PCA) is a government agency established in 1973 under Presidential Decree No. 232. Its main objective is to promote and develop the coconut industry in the Philippines, which is one of the country’s major agricultural sectors and a significant contributor to its economy.
The PCA is responsible for the implementation of programs and projects aimed at increasing the productivity and profitability of the coconut industry. It also provides technical assistance and support to coconut farmers, processors, and other stakeholders in the industry. The agency’s mandate includes research and development, coconut planting and replanting, farm improvement and management, coconut processing and marketing, and coconut industry regulation and development.
The PCA’s research and development programs focus on improving the coconut tree’s yield and quality, as well as developing new coconut-based products and technologies. The agency also provides technical assistance to farmers in the form of training and extension services, including the dissemination of information on best practices in coconut farming and management.
In addition to its role in promoting the coconut industry, the PCA also plays a critical role in ensuring the welfare of coconut farmers and their families. The agency provides social services and assistance programs, such as health and education services, to coconut farming communities.
The PCA is headed by an administrator who is appointed by the President of the Philippines. The agency has several regional and field offices located throughout the country, which are responsible for implementing the PCA’s programs and services at the local level.
Overall, the Philippine Coconut Authority is an essential government agency that plays a critical role in the development and sustainability of the coconut industry in the Philippines. Through its various programs and initiatives, the PCA helps to ensure the growth and success of the industry while also promoting the welfare of coconut farmers and their families.
PCA Vacant Positions
Below is a summary list of available positions at the Philippine Coconut Authority, including their corresponding salary grade and equivalent salaries. For more detailed information on the job vacancies, kindly refer to the attached PDF.
- Two (2) Science Research Specialist II (SG16/ Php 33,594 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Division Chief III (SG24/ Php 83,406 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Senior Science Research Specialist (SG19/ Php 45,269 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Science Research Specialist I (SG13/ Php 25,232 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Accountant III (SG19/ Php 45,269 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Administrative Officer III (Cashier II) (SG14/ Php 27,755 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Administrative Aide IV (Driver II) (SG4/ Php 13,214 Monthly Salary)
- Four (4) Senior Agriculturist (SG18/ Php 40,637 Monthly Salary)
- Ten (10) Agriculturist II (SG15/ Php 30,531 Monthly Salary)
- Tem (10) Agriculturist I (SG11/ Php 20,754 Monthly Salary)
- Four (4) Project Development Officer III (SG18/ Php 40,637 Monthly Salary)
- Six (6) Division Chief I (SG22/ Php 65,319 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Administrative Assistant II (Bookkeeper) (SG8/ Php 16,758 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Administrative Officer III (Supply Officer II) (SG14/ Php 27,755 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Administrative Officer V (SG18/ Php 40,637 Monthly Salary)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send to the address below not later than May 5, 2023:
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) which can be downloaded HERE;
- Performance rating in the last rating period (if applicable);
- Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/ rating/ license; and
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying for any of the job vacancies at the Philippine Coconut Authority, you are advised to submit your application to the appropriate address indicated on the PDF attachment provided.
You have the option to hand in your application personally, send it through courier, or submit it via email. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and ensure that you have included all the necessary documents and information in your application.
Submitting your application to the correct address and following the instructions provided will increase your chances of being considered for the position. It is also recommended to submit your application as early as possible to avoid any potential delays or issues.
By submitting your application to the Philippine Coconut Authority, you are taking the first step towards joining a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to promoting and developing the coconut industry in the Philippines. Don’t miss this chance to be part of an organization that is making a significant impact on the country’s economy and the lives of coconut farmers and their communities.
APPLICATION WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
As a government agency tasked with promoting and developing the coconut industry in the Philippines, the PCA is committed to building a team of talented and passionate individuals who share its vision and values. By joining the PCA family, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of coconut farmers and their communities while also advancing your own professional growth and development.
At the PCA, you will work alongside a diverse and dynamic team of experts in agriculture, research, marketing, and more. Whether you are interested in fieldwork, administrative tasks, or research and development, there is a role for you at the PCA.
The agency offers competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement, as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment that values teamwork, integrity, and excellence. You will also have the chance to work on exciting and meaningful projects that contribute to the development of the Philippine coconut industry and the country’s economy as a whole.
Whether you are a recent graduate, a seasoned professional, or someone looking for a career change, the Philippine Coconut Authority has something to offer. Don’t miss this chance to be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the lives of people and communities across the country.
Apply now and join the PCA family today!
Source: Philippine Coconut Authority