BFP, or the Bureau of Fire Protection, is the agency responsible for providing fire protection and prevention services in the Philippines. It was established in 1991 as part of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, and since then, it has been committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
One of the key objectives of the BFP is to prevent fires from occurring in the first place. To achieve this goal, the agency conducts regular inspections of buildings and facilities to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary fire safety equipment, such as fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers. The BFP also provides education and training programs to the public on fire safety and prevention.
When fires do occur, the BFP is well-equipped to respond quickly and effectively. The agency has over 25,000 personnel, including firefighters, medical responders, and administrative staff, stationed throughout the country. These personnel are trained to handle a wide range of emergency situations, from rescuing people from burning buildings to providing first aid to those who have been injured.
In addition to its firefighting and prevention services, the BFP also plays a crucial role in disaster response. During natural disasters, such as typhoons and earthquakes, the BFP provides rescue and relief operations, as well as assistance in evacuation and recovery efforts.
Overall, the BFP is a vital organization that plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people. Its commitment to fire safety and prevention, as well as its expertise in emergency response and disaster management, make it an invaluable asset to the country.
BFP Region 10 Recruitment
BFP Region 10 has recently announced that it is accepting applications for one hundred nine (109) vacancies for Fire Officer 1 (FO1) Regular Recruitment CY 2023.
This announcement is significant as it indicates that BFP Region 10 is actively seeking to fill these positions in order to improve its firefighting force and enhance its ability to respond to emergencies and prevent fires from occurring in the Northern Mindanao Region.
As an entry-level position in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), a Fire Officer 1 (FO1) in the Philippines can expect to receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary.
The basic salary of a FO1 in BFP is PHP 29,668 per month, which includes base pay, cost of living allowance, and other mandated allowances such as the PNP-RSBSA (PNP Retiree and Separated Benefits and Security Agency) contribution, and hazard pay.
Aside from the basic salary, FO1s are also entitled to receive additional benefits such as health and life insurance coverage, retirement benefits, and leave benefits. The agency provides medical, dental, and vision care benefits to its employees, along with various other health programs such as annual physical examinations and regular health seminars.
FO1s also have opportunities for career advancement and professional development, including in-service training programs, seminars, and workshops. This can allow them to gain new skills and knowledge, as well as to increase their salary as they progress in their career.
Furthermore, working as an FO1 in BFP also provides the opportunity to serve the community and make a positive impact in the lives of others. Firefighters play a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the public by responding to emergencies, conducting fire safety inspections, and educating the public about fire safety and prevention.
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Male or Female Filipino Citizen not less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age;
- Must be at least 1.57 meters or 5’2″ in height for male and 1.52 meters or 5’0″ for female;
- Must weigh not more or less than five (5) kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex;
- Must possess a Baccalaureate degree from a recognized institute of learning;
- Must have Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level eligibilities.
Please be guided that application folder shall be in color GREEN, properly tabbed, and labelled with their Name, Province and Contact Number. One (1) set of Application Folder shall contain the following documents:
|ENDORSEMENT from Fire Station Commander and Provincial/ city/ and District Fire Marshal
|1 copy each
|APPLICATION LETTER (address to the Regional Director Indicating the position applied for)
|HANDWRITTEN/ COMPUTERIZED PERSONAL DATA SHEET
– PDS can be downloaded HERE
– if HANDWRITTEN, Print entries using BLACK BALLPEN. Do not use sign pen.
– Recent passport size picture in white background with nametag and signature
|BIRTH CERTIFICATE (PSA in Original Copy)
|MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (PSA in Original Copy)
|BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF DEPENDENTS (PSA in Original Copy)
|CERTIFICATE OF AGE/ HEIGHT WAIVER (if any)
|CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS & DIPLOMA(2019-2023)
|CERTIFIED AUTHENTICATION AND VERIFICATION (CAV) from CHED
|CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF ELIGIBILITY/ REPORT OF RATING (2019-2023)
– (holding PRC eligibility, submit unexpired PRC ID and certificate of board of rating or board passer)
|PHOTOCOPY OF IDs/ MEMBERSHIP DATA FORM
– TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (TIN) of verification slip (for those with existing TIN)
– National Police Clearance
– NBI (1 Original Copy and 2 Authenticated copies)
|1 copy except for NBI
– ECG result with readings from cardiologist or internist (taken upon the time of publication/ announcement)
– Serum Pregnancy Test (for female)
The deadline for Submission of the Application is on April 21, 2023.
How to Apply
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in or send through courier/email their application to:
SINSP JOY C VALMORES Chief, Human Resource Management Section BFP-10, Carmen de Oro city firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobseekers who are passionate about serving their community and making a positive impact in the lives of others are encouraged to consider joining the BFP Northern Mindanao Region Family.
By applying for the FO1 Regular Recruitment CY 2023 in BFP Region 10, you can become part of a team that is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
Together, we can make a difference and build a safer, stronger, and more resilient community.