BFP, or the Bureau of Fire Protection, is the agency responsible for providing fire protection and prevention services in the Philippines. It was established in 1991 as part of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, and since then, it has been committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
One of the key objectives of the BFP is to prevent fires from occurring in the first place. To achieve this goal, the agency conducts regular inspections of buildings and facilities to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary fire safety equipment, such as fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers. The BFP also provides education and training programs to the public on fire safety and prevention.
When fires do occur, the BFP is well-equipped to respond quickly and effectively. The agency has over 25,000 personnel, including firefighters, medical responders, and administrative staff, stationed throughout the country. These personnel are trained to handle a wide range of emergency situations, from rescuing people from burning buildings to providing first aid to those who have been injured.
In addition to its firefighting and prevention services, the BFP also plays a crucial role in disaster response. During natural disasters, such as typhoons and earthquakes, the BFP provides rescue and relief operations, as well as assistance in evacuation and recovery efforts.
Overall, the BFP is a vital organization that plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people. Its commitment to fire safety and prevention, as well as its expertise in emergency response and disaster management, make it an invaluable asset to the country.
BFP Region 12 Recruitment
BFP Region 12 has recently announced that it is accepting applications for one hundred five (105) vacancies for Fire Officer 1 (FO1) Regular Recruitment CY 2023.
This announcement is significant as it indicates that BFP Region 12 is actively seeking to fill these positions in order to improve its firefighting force and enhance its ability to respond to emergencies and prevent fires from occurring in the SOCCSKSARGEN Region.
As an entry-level position in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), a Fire Officer 1 (FO1) in the Philippines can expect to receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary.
The basic salary of a FO1 in BFP is PHP 29,668 per month, which includes base pay, cost of living allowance, and other mandated allowances such as the PNP-RSBSA (PNP Retiree and Separated Benefits and Security Agency) contribution, and hazard pay.
Aside from the basic salary, FO1s are also entitled to receive additional benefits such as health and life insurance coverage, retirement benefits, and leave benefits. The agency provides medical, dental, and vision care benefits to its employees, along with various other health programs such as annual physical examinations and regular health seminars.
FO1s also have opportunities for career advancement and professional development, including in-service training programs, seminars, and workshops. This can allow them to gain new skills and knowledge, as well as to increase their salary as they progress in their career.
Furthermore, working as an FO1 in BFP also provides the opportunity to serve the community and make a positive impact in the lives of others. Firefighters play a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the public by responding to emergencies, conducting fire safety inspections, and educating the public about fire safety and prevention.
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Male or Female Filipino Citizen not less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age;
- Must be at least 1.57 meters or 5’2″ in height for male and 1.52 meters or 5’0″ for female;
- Must weigh not more or less than five (5) kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex;
- Must possess a Baccalaureate degree from a recognized institute of learning;
- Must have Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level eligibilities (RA 1080, FOE, or PD 907 Eligibility);
Interested applicants shall submit their Application Folder on April 03-21, 2023 to the BFP Regional Office XII at Prime Regional Government Center, Brgy. Carpenter Hill Koronadal City, South Cotabato Province. Be guided that their application folder shall be in color GREEN, properly tabbed and labelled with their name, address and contact number. One (1) set of Application Folder shall contain the following documents, to wit:
- Application Letter indicating the position applied for (addressed to the Regional Director);
- Handwritten/ computerized Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (Revised 2017) which can be accessed HERE;
- Print entries using BLACK Ballpen.
- Do not use sign pen.
- Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212 Attachment for applicants who filled-in page 2 PDS work experience portion) which can be accessed HERE;
- Authenticated Copy of the following documents:
- Service Record (for current government employees and with previous government service);
- Latest Performance Evaluation (for current government employees and with previous government service);
- Transcript of Records and College Diploma;
- Certificate of Second Level of Eligibility from CSC/PRC Board Rating (with PRC License ID Card);
- Certificate of Waiver (for applicants with Age and/or Height deficiency/ies);
- Photocopy of the following documents:
- Certificate of Live Birth issued by PSA;
- PSA Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable);
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance;
- Police Clearance; and
- Philhealth, Pag-ibig and Tax Identification Cards
- Company/agency clearance/ No Money and Property Accountability Clearance/ Command Clearance/ IAS Clearance/ Certificate of Non-Pending Case/ Certification of Honorable Dismissal and alike (applicant with previous employment)
- Applicants with waiver shall attach the Certificate of Waiver to their application folder to justify their deficiencies, absence of the same shall mean outright disqualification.
For inquiries regarding administrative requirements, you may contact SF03 Neren L Jintula, Regional Human Resource Merit Promotion and Selection Board (RHRMPSB) Secretariat at 0920 983 6331. Further, for medical/ dental queries, you may contact FO3 Charmel Anne A Lachica, Health Services Section/ Medical Unit Staff at 0919 788 3576.
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
Jobseekers who are passionate about serving their community and making a positive impact in the lives of others are encouraged to consider joining the BFP SOCCSKSARGEN Region Family.
By applying for the FO1 Regular Recruitment CY 2023 in BFP Region 12, you can become part of a team that is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
Together, we can make a difference and build a safer, stronger, and more resilient community.