BFP, or the Bureau of Fire Protection, is the agency responsible for providing fire protection and prevention services in the Philippines. It was established in 1991 as part of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, and since then, it has been committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
One of the key objectives of the BFP is to prevent fires from occurring in the first place. To achieve this goal, the agency conducts regular inspections of buildings and facilities to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary fire safety equipment, such as fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers. The BFP also provides education and training programs to the public on fire safety and prevention.
When fires do occur, the BFP is well-equipped to respond quickly and effectively. The agency has over 25,000 personnel, including firefighters, medical responders, and administrative staff, stationed throughout the country. These personnel are trained to handle a wide range of emergency situations, from rescuing people from burning buildings to providing first aid to those who have been injured.
In addition to its firefighting and prevention services, the BFP also plays a crucial role in disaster response. During natural disasters, such as typhoons and earthquakes, the BFP provides rescue and relief operations, as well as assistance in evacuation and recovery efforts.
Overall, the BFP is a vital organization that plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people. Its commitment to fire safety and prevention, as well as its expertise in emergency response and disaster management, make it an invaluable asset to the country.
BFP Region 3 Recruitment
BFP Region 3 has recently announced that it is accepting applications for one hundred fifty-four (154) vacancies for Fire Officer 1 (FO1) Regular Recruitment CY 2023.
This announcement is significant as it indicates that BFP Region 3 is actively seeking to fill these positions in order to improve its firefighting force and enhance its ability to respond to emergencies and prevent fires from occurring in the Central Luzon Region.
As an entry-level position in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), a Fire Officer 1 (FO1) in the Philippines can expect to receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary.
The basic salary of a FO1 in BFP is PHP 29,668 per month, which includes base pay, cost of living allowance, and other mandated allowances such as the PNP-RSBSA (PNP Retiree and Separated Benefits and Security Agency) contribution, and hazard pay.
Aside from the basic salary, FO1s are also entitled to receive additional benefits such as health and life insurance coverage, retirement benefits, and leave benefits. The agency provides medical, dental, and vision care benefits to its employees, along with various other health programs such as annual physical examinations and regular health seminars.
FO1s also have opportunities for career advancement and professional development, including in-service training programs, seminars, and workshops. This can allow them to gain new skills and knowledge, as well as to increase their salary as they progress in their career.
Furthermore, working as an FO1 in BFP also provides the opportunity to serve the community and make a positive impact in the lives of others. Firefighters play a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the public by responding to emergencies, conducting fire safety inspections, and educating the public about fire safety and prevention.
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Open to all male and female Filipino citizen not less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age;
- Must be at least 1.57 meters or 5’2″ in height for male and 1.52 meters or 5’0″ for female;
- Must weigh not more or less than five (5) kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institute of learning;
- Must have Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level Eligibility: CS Professional, RA 1080 (PRC/MARINA Board Passer), Fire Officer Examination (FOE), PD 907 (Honor Graduate Eligibility)
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send to the address below not later than 21 April 2023.
- Application Letter addressed to CSUPT RODERICK P AGUTO, Regional Director, BFP R3;
- Fully accomplished Computerized Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212, revised 2017) which can be downloaded HERE, with recent passport-sized picture;
- Performance Rating in the last rating period (if applicable);
- Authenticated copy of Certificate of Second Level Eligibility from CSC/ PRC/ MARINA (for PRC eligibility holder attach copy of PRC License);
- Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records and College Diploma;
- Original copy of PSA Birth Certificate;
- Original copy of PSA Marriage certificate (if applicable);
- Original copy of CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) if applicable;
- Local Clearances: Barangay Clearance, Mayor’s Clearance, Police clearance, MCTC Clearance, RTC Clearance, NBI Clearance
- Authenticated copy of Certificate of Waiver for applicants with age and/or height deficiency/ies;
- Photocopy of PhilHealth membership Card or MDR;
- Photocopy of Pag-IBIG Membership Card of MDF;
- Photocopy of BIR TIN Card, BIR TIN verification slip, BIR form 1902 or any BIR document/s bearing the applicant’s Tax Identification Number (TIN), and
- Original copy of Initial Evaluation Form
How to Apply
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in or send through the BFP Online Portal and Google Form (click here):
CSUPT RODERICK P AGUTO, DSC Regional Director BFP Regional Office III, DMGC, Maimpis, CSFP firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
Jobseekers who are passionate about serving their community and making a positive impact in the lives of others are encouraged to consider joining the BFP Central Luzon Family.
By applying for the FO1 Regular Recruitment CY 2023 in BFP Region 3, you can become part of a team that is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
Together, we can make a difference and build a safer, stronger, and more resilient community.