IPOPHIL, also known as the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines, is a government agency established in 1998 under the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines. It provides comprehensive protection for various types of intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, industrial designs, and geographical indications. IPOPHIL conducts examinations, registers, and grants IP rights to qualified applicants, ensuring that innovative creations and original works are properly safeguarded in the Philippines.
One of IPOPHIL’s notable contributions is its focus on innovation and technology development. It conducts training programs, workshops, and seminars to raise awareness about the importance of IP in driving innovation and economic growth. It also collaborates with other government agencies, academic institutions, and industry stakeholders to promote research and development, technology transfer, and commercialization of IP assets.
IPOPHIL is also committed to IP enforcement and anti-piracy measures. It conducts investigations, seizures, and prosecutions against IP infringements, working closely with law enforcement agencies to combat counterfeiting and piracy. Moreover, IPOPHIL engages in international cooperation, collaborating with organizations such as WIPO and AIPA to strengthen IP systems and facilitate IP-related trade and investments.
To ensure easy access to IP information and services, IPOPHIL provides a user-friendly website, online filing system, and customer service center. It offers valuable resources, such as IP search databases and filing guidelines, and provides expedited examination and other special services to facilitate the IP registration process. Additionally, IPOPHIL places a strong emphasis on public education and advocacy, conducting campaigns and outreach programs to raise awareness about the value of IP rights and the negative impact of IP infringements on society and the economy.
IPOPHIL’s efforts have been recognized through numerous awards and recognitions for its excellence in IP administration, customer service, innovation, and public advocacy. Overall, IPOPHIL is a standout organization in the field of intellectual property management, with its comprehensive IP services, innovation and technology development initiatives, IP enforcement measures, international cooperation efforts, access to IP information and services, and public education and advocacy campaigns making it a perfect and amazing government agency in the Philippines.
IPOPHIL, the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines, is currently looking for 16 Patent Examiners to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a prestigious government agency that is dedicated to protecting and promoting intellectual property rights in the Philippines.
As of the latest information available, the updated monthly salary of a Patent Examiner at IPOPHIL is Php 34,155. Please note that salary information may be subject to change and it is recommended to verify the most up-to-date and accurate information through official sources such as the IPOPHIL website or the Human Resources department of IPOPHIL.
Scope of Work
The Patent Examiner shall:
- Review the preliminary search report and formalities.
- Determine the final classification and conduct final search, if necessary, on assigned applications for patent of new products, machines, articles of manufacture, composition of matter, process or any improvement of any of the foregoing according to the International Patent Classification System.
- Evaluate search reports to determine prior art relevant to the subject matter in accordance with the Intellectual Property Code.
- Conduct formality examination to determine if the specification and claims are drafted in accordance with the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Intellectual Property Code.
- Invite amendments to the application to correct formality defects, i.e. broadness, indefiniteness, incompleteness, etc.
- Prepare examination reports
- Consider the applicant arguments and proposed amendments to the application
- Recommend patent grant if applications meet the requirements of patentability i.e. novelty, inventiveness and industrial applicability.
- Recommend denial of patent grant if application is considered by law as non-patentable inventions.
- Recommend withdrawal of applications when applicants fail to respond to IP Rights Specialist’s actions within the reglementary period.
- Preparation of Examiner’s Brief for appealed cases.
- Act as a member of the Committee of Three that hears and decides inter partes cases involving highly technical issues if so appointed.
- Cooperate with and assists other Divisions of Bureaus of the Office.
Minimum Qualification Standards
The Minimum Qualification Standards for the position of Patent Examiner at IPOPHIL are as follows:
- Engineering/Science graduates (2016 & onwards), preferably in the following fields:
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Agricultural Engineering/Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office software
- Highly-motivated, willing to learn, flexible, service-oriented, good team player, physically fit
- Passed the PRC Licensure Examination of obtained Civil Service elibility (CS-Professional) for non-PRC Licensure examination courses
- Willing to start work immediately.
IPOPHL adheres to the principles of merit, fitness and equality (no discrimination based on age, gender, sexual orientation, civil status, disability, religion, ethnicity or political affiliation) in the implementation of its Recruitment, Selection and Placement. Likewise, IPOPHL values the confidentiality of your personal information and adheres to the Philippine Government’s Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and regulations.
How to Apply
To apply for a position at IPOPHIL, please follow these comprehensive steps:
Step 1: Prepare the following documents in PDF format:
- Application Letter: Write an application letter in PDF format, expressing your interest in the specific position title you are applying for and addressing it to Frisco L. Guce, Director IV of Financial Management and Administrative Services. Include the plantilla item number in your application letter.
- Updated Resume with Photo: Prepare an updated resume with a recent photo.
- Personal Data Sheet (PDS): Complete the Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with a passport-size photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) taken within the last 6 months. You can download the PDS form from the provided link.
- Work Experience Sheet: Fill out the Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017). You can download the form from the provided link.
- Performance Rating: Provide the Performance Rating in the last rating period (for government employees only).
- Copy of Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility/Rating/License: Include a copy of the authenticated certificate of eligibility/rating/license. Some issuing offices may offer online services for this. You may refer to the online services of the respective agency in charge of your certificate or license when available. Registration for log-in may be required.
- Copy of Transcript of Records and Diploma: Include a copy of your Transcript of Records and Diploma.
Step 2: Send via Email:
Email your application letter and all the documents listed above to email@example.com.
Please ensure that you have all the required documents in PDF format before submitting your application, as applications with incomplete documents will not be entertained.
The application deadline for the position of Patent Examiner at IPOPHIL is until April 27, 2023. It is important to submit your application before the specified deadline to be considered for the position.
IPOPHIL offers a competitive salary package, benefits, and opportunities for professional development. Working at IPOPHIL also provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the intellectual property ecosystem in the Philippines.
If you are passionate about intellectual property and want to make a meaningful impact, consider joining IPOPHIL as a Patent Examiner. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team in an organization that values innovation, excellence, and intellectual property protection.
Apply now and be a part of IPOPHIL’s mission to safeguard and promote intellectual property rights in the Philippines!