Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea invites gifted and skilled understudies, scientists, and specialized people to seek after their MS, PhD, and MS prompting PhD under the GIST Scholarship 2022.
The GIST Scholarship for global understudies furnishes them with a splendid opportunity to make a solid exploration base for additional improvement of science and innovation. Additionally, the best grant in South Korea’s top college gives freedoms to the understudies to work and advance community oriented unfamiliar and homegrown examination programs in the mechanical area just as in scholarly world.
The GIST researchers are outfitted with elite information and abilities in regards to science and innovation through research-situated undertakings and courses. Besides, GIST’s completely financed grant is a task of the college with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology.
The service offers full monetary help to the understudies of GIST to advance logical technologists and support them towards more developments. For this, the college offers the understudies numerous fields of study identified with science, innovation, and exploration.
The GIST college courses incorporate Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Earth Science and Environmental Engineering, Life Science, Physics and Photon Science, Chemistry and Biomedical Science, Nanobio Materials and Electronics, Integrated Technology, and Artificial Intelligence.
Essence was set up by Korean Government in 1993 and from that point forward the establishment has been home to top notch analysts and sciencetists. In addition, the first class teachers of Korean foundations come from GIST. Essence has substantiated itself as the main public college of Korea which has taken on a creative instructive framework dependent on an extensive and basic science educational program.
Additionally, GIST is the principal Korean college that has made a theory quality confirmation something compulsory. That is the reason the organization is positioned first in the quantity of references of educators in South Korea for 14 continuous years and furthermore the GIST is positioned fourth in QS World University Ranking.
The GIST Scholarships for MS and PhD understudies is an achievement towards accomplishing the objective of the organization for example a glad maker of future science and innovation. To lead on the planet, all classes are instructed in English, and the proposal is additionally written in the English language. Essence comprehends the significance of learning and using a global language for better joint effort and advancement.
The researchers of the GIST global Scholarship in South Korea will become familiar with the Korean culture while remaining for a limit of three, seven, or eight years for MS, PhD, or Integrated MS/PhD programs individually. The accompanying thoroughly clarifies the monetary advantages alongside the qualification standards and a reasonable method to apply.
This Scholarship is Hosted by the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
Degree Level Accepted
- Master’s degree program
- PhD degree program
- Integrated MS and PhD Program
Benefits of the GIST Scholarship in South Korea
- All international students will be getting 100% support in the tuition fee i.e. the tuition fee will be waived off.
- MS students will be given a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won (around PHP6,166)
- PhD students will be given a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won (around PHP12,993)
- Both MS and PhD students will be given a meal allowance of 100,000 Won (around PHP4,404) (Note: Students have to complete at least 9 credits in the previous semester in order to get student and meal allowance).
- International student allowance of 120,000 Won (around PHP5,285) will be given to both MS and PhD students, however, the student has to maintain a 3 or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All MS students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 4,785,384 Won ( around PHP210,769) per year while PhD students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won ( around PHP540,128) per year.
- A one-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 80% of national health insurance will be covered. Health insurance also includes annual medical checkups.
Eligibility Criteria of the GIST Scholarship 2022 in South Korea
- The applicant must or expect to hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be an international student.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
How to apply for the GIST Scholarship 2022?
- The applicant has to apply online for the GIST South Korea scholarship.
- The applicant has to submit a matriculation fee of 680,000 however, the matriculation fee can be waived off on the recommendation of the dean/head of the department/college.
- In order to apply successfully, all the applicants must carefully fill the GIST online application form.
- Don’t leave blanks instead write NA.
Required Documents for the GIST Scholarships 2022
- Official degrees and transcripts are required. Apostille is preferred or even notarized copies are acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation must have the sign and stamps of the recommenders.
- The recommenders do not have to send the letters on their own or separately.
- Official English language test report i.e. TOEFL (BT) 80 / TOEFL (PBT) 550 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750 / NEW TEPS 327 is the requirement. In case you do not get your test result in time. Your home university can give a professional English language proficiency certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport is required.
- The application deadline for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology scholarship in South Korea 2022 is October 15, 2021