About PSA Field Office
PSA (Philippine Statistics Authority) is a government agency in the Philippines responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication, and dissemination of official statistical information. The agency has various field offices spread across the country to ensure that its mandate is carried out effectively and efficiently.
PSA field offices are strategically located in different regions, provinces, cities, and municipalities to ensure that they are accessible to the people they serve. These offices are staffed with competent and skilled personnel who are committed to delivering high-quality statistical services to their clients.
One of the most notable features of PSA field offices is their modern and well-equipped facilities. These offices are designed to provide a comfortable and conducive working environment for the staff and clients. They are equipped with the latest technological tools and equipment to ensure that the statistical data is collected and processed efficiently and accurately.
Another significant aspect of PSA field offices is their outreach programs. The agency is committed to reaching out to all sectors of society, including the marginalized and vulnerable groups. The field offices organize various training programs, seminars, and workshops to educate and empower the public on statistical concepts, data collection, and analysis. These programs are aimed at enhancing the statistical literacy of the public and improving their capacity to use statistical data for decision-making.
The PSA field offices also play a critical role in supporting the government’s development agenda. They provide essential statistical data that serves as a basis for the formulation and implementation of policies and programs. The data collected by the PSA field offices is used by various government agencies, the private sector, and civil society organizations to make informed decisions and to measure the impact of their programs and projects.
Overall, PSA field offices are essential components of the Philippine statistical system. They play a crucial role in ensuring that accurate and reliable statistical data is generated and disseminated to support evidence-based decision-making. Their commitment to excellence, outreach programs, and modern facilities make them an asset to the country and its people.
PSA Field Office Vacant Positions
The following are the list of positions with its salary grade and below is the attached PDF of its qualification standards:
- One (1) Chief Administrative Officer (Salary Grade 24)
- Three (3) Chief Statistical Specialist (Salary Grade 24)
- Three (3) Supervising Statistical Specialist (Salary Grade 22)
- Three (3) Senior Statistical Specialist (Salary Grade 19)
- Two (2) Statistical Specialist II (Salary Grade 16)
- Twelve (12) Accountant I (Salary Grade 12)
- Eleven (11) Statistical Analyst (Salary Grade 11)
- Four (4) Administrative Officer I (Salary Grade 10)
- Eight (8) Registration Officer I (Salary Grade 10)
- One (1) Administrative Assistant III (Salary Grade 9)
- Two (2) Assistant Statistician (Salary Grade 9)
- Two (2) Administrative Assistant II (Salary Grade 8)
- Five (5) Administrative Aide VI (Clerk III) (Salary Grade 6)
READ ALSO: Philippine Salary Grade 2023
- Scanned copy of the signed APPLICATION LETTER stating the specific position title with salary grade (SG) level and the specific place of assignment as posted. An applicant may apply for a maximum of two (2) positions in the same posting period; The application letter must be addressed to:
Dennis S. Mapa, Ph.D.
National Statistician and Civil Registrar General
- Scanned copy of duly accomplished and wet signed PERSONAL DATA SHEET (PDS) with recent ID picture taken within three (3) months prior to submission of application (CSC Form No. 212, Revised 2017), wet signed, and duly subscribed and sworn to before an authorized administering officer within the posting/filing period (refer to Guide to Filling Out the Personal Data Sheet or CSC MC No. 16, s. 2017);
- Scanned copy of signed WORK EXPERIENCE SHEET (CSC Form No. 212 – as Attachment to PDS);
- Scanned copy of AUTHENTICATED ELIGIBILITY (CSC, RA 1080, PD 907, etc.) (not applicable to PSA permanent employees unless with additional eligibility);
- Scanned copy of TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS (not applicable to PSA permanent employees unless with changes in educational attainment);
- Scanned copy of CERTIFICATE/S OF TRAINING participated within the last five years relevant to the position applied for (if applicable);
- Scanned copy of a certified true copy of completely signed INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE COMMITMENT REVIEW (IPCR) or its equivalent for the last rating period (for applicants with work experience); and
- Scanned copy of AFFIDAVIT OF INFORMED CONSENT, WAIVER AND UNDERTAKING OF COMPLIANCE WITH THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS.
- For SG 24 applicants: Scanned copy of certification from authorized officer, indicating that they are performing supervisory functions, including the specific period and number of subordinates.
Additional Instructions for Strict Compliance
- PSA respects the Next-in-Rank principle in the Omnibus Rules on Appointments and Other Human Resource Actions (ORAOHRA) subject to qualification standards and requirements of the position. However, failure to submit the application and/or PSA Human Resource Merit Promotion and Selection Board (PSA – HRMPSB) Form 2 (Waiver as Next-in-Rank Form) by any PSA employee considered as next-in-rank is automatically a waiver of his/her privilege;
- The PSA reserves the right to suspend or terminate the hiring process for whatever reason, or exclude/disqualify applicant/s for failure to comply any of the foregoing requirements and instructions without incurring liabilities against them, particularly on the proper filling out of PDS as prescribed by the Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular No. 16, s. 2017;
- Applicants must present the original copy of the documents/attachments to the Secretariat before the interview as necessary. In case the interview is online or via video conference platform and it is difficult for the candidate to appear before the Secretariat, the presentation of original documents for verification of authenticities is subject to instruction of the Secretariat appropriate for the situation. Inability to present any of these documents will lead to automatic disqualification;
- Application and documents submitted after the deadline,16 June 2023, will not be considered;
- Any inaccurate information that affects the qualification of the applicant to the position he/she is applying for, i.e., accomplishment of Part III (Educational Background), Part IV (Civil Service Eligibility), Part V (Work Experience), and Part VII (Learning and Development (L&D) Interventions/Training Programs Attended), and absence of other substantial entries such as signature of the applicant on each page and signature of the authorized person to administer the oath on page 4, which are not compliant with the said CSC MCs shall be grounds for exclusion from the recruitment process. Incomplete attachments and/or incomplete information or signature within a particular attachment will not be considered; and
- Interviews of pre-qualified applicants will be conducted on such schedule as agreed upon by the members of National/Central Office/ Regional Office Human Resource Merit Promotion and Selection Board (N/CO/RO HRMPSB) at the Philippine Statistics Authority, Eton Centris Complex, EDSA cor. Quezon Ave., Diliman, Quezon City.
The PSA Human Resource Merit Selection Board may conduct online interview or may change the venue of the interview subject to one (1) day prior notice to the concerned applicants via email or through a phone call.
How to Apply
Filing Period : 01 June 2023 to 16 June 2023 Where to File Applications: Applications are online Please check PSA website at https://hris.psa.gov.ph/CareerPortal Please register your PSA Applicant Portal Account at https://hris.psa.gov.ph/RegisterApplicant For inquiries: Telephone no. (02) 8374 8260 Email the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
For job seekers who are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career path, the PSA Field Office is an excellent choice. The agency offers many benefits and opportunities to its employees, making it an attractive workplace for those who are passionate about data analysis and making a meaningful impact.
Working at the PSA Field Office provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of the country by collecting and analyzing statistical data that is essential for policy-making and decision-making. The work is challenging, but it is also rewarding, as employees have the chance to make a real difference in the lives of people across the country.
Moreover, the PSA Field Office provides its employees with many benefits, including competitive compensation packages, allowances, and benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans. The agency also offers opportunities for career growth and development through training and development programs, making it an excellent place for employees to learn and acquire new skills.
In addition, the PSA Field Office has a positive and supportive work culture, which encourages teamwork, collaboration, and innovation. The agency values diversity and inclusivity and provides a safe and respectful work environment for all its employees.
Overall, the PSA Field Office is a great place to work, offering many benefits and opportunities for those who are passionate about data analysis and making a difference in society. Interested job seekers are encouraged to consider applying for contractual positions at the PSA Field Office and to take advantage of the many benefits and opportunities that the agency has to offer.