Are you passionate about serving and protecting your community? Do you dream of a fulfilling career in law enforcement? Look no further than the NAPOLCOM Computer-Assisted Examination (CAEx) 2022. The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) conducts this rigorous examination to select qualified individuals who aspire to join the Philippine National Police (PNP) and contribute to maintaining peace and order in the country.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the essential information, eligibility criteria, application process, and preparation strategies to help you successfully navigate the NAPOLCOM CAEx 2022 and take your first step toward a rewarding career in law enforcement.
Overview of the NAPOLCOM CAEx
The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM), pursuant to its constitutional mandate to administer and control the Philippine National Police (PNP), will conduct the PNP Entrance Examination on:
Date of Examinations
MARCH 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17 & 18, 2022
MAY 2, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30 & 31, 2022
JUNE 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 24, 27, 28 & 30, 2022
JULY 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28 & 29, 2022
The NAPOLCOM Computer-Assisted Examination (CAEx) for the PNP Entrance Examination is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age and educational requirements as provided herein, as well as to Patrolman/Patrolwoman whose appointments are temporary for lack of appropriate eligibility.
Those who passed this examination are conferred by the Commission the PNP Entrance eligibility which is appropriate for appointment to the rank of Patrolman/ Patrolwoman, as prescribed under Sec. 30 of Republic Act No. 6975, as amended by Republic Act No. 8551.
NOTE: Please read the instructions carefully. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED.
Period Of On-line Exam Application Scheduling
March 1 - 4, 2022 (Note: Website is available at 12 NN onwards through www.oleass-napolcom.com)
CAEx Room, 20th Floor, NAPOLCOM Central Office, DILG-NAPOLCOM Center, NAPOLCOM Bldg., EDSA cor. Quezon Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City 1104.
The NAPOLCOM Utilizes the On-line Examination Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) for the Scheduling of the filing of applications for the PNP Entrance Examination (PNPE) Category Of The Computer-Assisted Examination (CAEx).
How to get a Scheduled Appointment for filing of an application for the PNP Entrance Examination category of the Computer-Assisted Examination (CAEx) system
- An Applicant logs in to www.napolcom.gov.ph or www.oleassnapolcom.com
- Applicant chooses the desired date of examination and fills out the mandatory fields, as follows:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Name Extension (Jr., Sr., I, Il, Ill, etc.)
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Applicant clicks SUBMIT after filling out the mandatory fields. A CONFIRMATION will appear if registration was successful. If not, the process should be repeated.
- Applicant with confirmed schedule shall be required to access the on-link to enter all the required information in the application form. The filled-out application form shall be presented by the applicant to the Examination Application Processor from 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 A.M. (Processing Time) at the Ground Floor, NAPOLCOM Central Office, EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, Quezon City, during his/her scheduled appointment/examination date together with the confirmation slip.
WARNING: Registering twice or more in the OLEASS by one and the same person is strictly discouraged. Once proven that two or more names belong to just one and the same person, he/she will be disqualified from taking the examination.
How to File
An applicant should file his/her application, together with the confirmation slip and all the required supporting documents, PERSONALLY at the Ground Floor, NAPOLCOM Central Office, DILG-NAPOLCOM Center, NAPOLCOM Bldg., EDSA cor. Quezon Avenue, west Triangle, Quezon City.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THRU POSTAL MAIL SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED.
What to bring when Filling/Examination Day
- Confirmation slip, Application Form (PAS-QFM-QOP15-OI) and Index Card, duly accomplished by the applicant and two (2) recent and identical 1″ x 1″ ID pictures (in color) with white background and complete name tag (indicate rank, if PNP member, Last name, Middle name, and First name). Confirmation Slip may be accessed and printed by logging in at the link provided at the NAPOLCOM website using the applicant’s complete name as verification code;
- Examination Fee: Six Hundred Pesos (P600.OO);
- One (1) legal-size window envelope;
- Authenticated Transcript of Scholastic Record (with Special Order issued by CHEd) and Diploma from CHEd-accredited schools, state universities, and colleges;
- Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Certified True Copy (CTC) Of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by PSA;
- For a PATROLMAN/PATROLWOMAN with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of Attested Appointment, Plantilla Appointment, or Special Order;
- At least one (1) valid Government issued ID with signature (NBI clearance, SSS, GSIS, Voter’s, Postal, Passport, Driver’s License, PRC, etc.). STRICTLY “NO I.D., NO PROCESSING.”; and
- As an additional requirement, an applicant must present a Medical Certificate issued by a licensed government physician from the Barangay/MunicipaI/City/ProvinciaI Health Office, or other government health monitoring center/office where the examinees reside, at the designated area for the medical team. It must clearly state that he/she is COVID-19-free. Said Medical Certificate must be issued within 72 hours before the examination day (medical certificate issued by private health institution shall not be accepted);
Where to Get Application Form and Index Card
The Application Form (PAS-QFM-QOP15-OI) and Index Card can be obtained for FREE at the NAPOLCOM Central Office at tie 7th Floor, Examining Division One-Stop-Shop, NAPOLCOM Central Office, EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, Quezon City.
Notification of Examination
A qualified applicant shall be issued a Notice of Admission (NOA) on the day he/she files his/her application and after completing the application process, he/she will be required to proceed to the Examination Center (20th Floor) to take his/her examination. Only Fifteen (15) examinees will be accommodated per examination day.
The three-hour examination consisting of objective-type/multiple-choice items covers the following subject areas:
Coverage for PNP Examination
- General Information
- Philippine Constitution
- Philippine Law and
- Criminal Justice System
- Current Events
- Social Awareness
- Verbal Reasoning
- Vocabulary (Antonyms(50), Synonyms(5))
- Comprehension (Paragraph Organization(5), Reading Comprehension(10))
- Grammar (Correct Usage)
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Basic Concepts ( Percentage, Fraction, & Number Series)
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning
What to wear on Examination Day
Plain white shirt, Dark pants, and Shoes. Examinees not in the prescribed attire will not be allowed to enter the examination center.
Bringing in any of the following inside the testing center is strictly prohibited.
- Firearm, explosive, or any deadly weapon
- Mobile phone, pager, any two-way radio, or any electronic gadget
- Review material
Violation of this rule shall automatically DISQUALIFY an examinee from taking the examination and shall result in the nullification of his/her examination.
Minimum Qualification Standards
For CIVILIAN - not more than 30 years old and must be a Bachelor's Degree Holder
For PATROLMAN/ PATROLWOMAN (Temporary) - Must be a Bachelor's Degree Holder
Notification of Results
The List of Successful Examinees will be posted at the NAPOLCOM Central Office located at DILG-NAPOLCOM Center, NAPOLCOM Building, EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City 1104, and at the NAPOLCOM website. For inquiries, examinees may visit the NAPOLCOM web address at www.napocom.gov.ph.
EXAMINATION RESULTS – Certificate of Eligibility or Report of Rating will be given personally to the examinee after the examination. An examinee who passed the test but lost his/her Certificate of Eligibility may request for the issuance of a Certification from the Examining Division, PAS, upon payment of One Hundred Fifty Pesos (P150.00). For requests sent through postal mail, payment shall be in money order form payable to the National Police Commission, DILG-NAPOLCOM Center, NAPOLCOM Building, EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City 1104.
Examinees who failed the NAPOLCOM CAEX shall wait for THREE (3) months after his/her date of examination before he/she is allowed to the PNP Entrance Examination through CAEX.
It is understood that all data written by the applicant on the Application Form and Index Card, including information contained in the required submitted documents are considered TRUE AND CORRECT and shall be treated as official data.
NOTE: The NAPOLCOM reserves the right to deny any examination application should there be lacking of requirements and violation of examination and health guidelines/protocols.
A. The examination results of examinees involved in acts of cheating such as, but not limited to the following, shall be invalidated:
- Use of codigo or crib sheets;
- Tampering with exam records;
- Collusion of whatever nature between examinees and examination personnel;
- Examination number switching;
- Such other acts of similar nature that facilitate the passing of examinations; and
- Results declared by the Commission, thru Examination Division, PAS, as statistically improbable.
The aforesaid examinees shall be permanently barred from taking the NAPOLCOM Examinations.
B. In the event that these anomalous acts were committed by a police officer, he/she shall be charged with dishonesty, and if found guilty, be meted the penalty of dismissal from the service.
C. Individuals who are found to have used fake NAPOLCOM eligibility for their entry into the police service shall likewise be permanently barred from taking the NAPOLCOM examinations
D. Police service eligibility obtained through anomalous practices shall be nullified. (NAPOLCOM Memorandum Circular No. 2013-007, dated October 30, 2013)
Confidential Reports On Examination-related Illegal Activities May Be Reported To:
EXAMINING DIVISION Personnel and Administrative Service National Police Commission DILG-NAPOLCOM Center, NAPOLCOM Building EDSA corner Quezon Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City 1104 Telephone Nos: (02) 8899-00-85 and (02) 8403-25-88
For Further Information
For Complete Details about this Article/Announcement, please refer to this PDF from NAPOLCOM Website:
You can also Download the PDF here
Source: National Police Commission