The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is a national research university located in Daedeok Innopolis, Daejeon, South Korea. KAIST was established by the Korean government in 1971 as the nation’s first public, research-oriented science and engineering institution. KAIST is considered to be one of the most prestigious universities in the nation. KAIST has been internationally accredited in business education, and hosting the Secretariat of the Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools (AAPBS). KAIST has 10,504 full-time students and 1,342 faculty researchers (as of Fall 2019 Semester) and had a total budget of US$765 million in 2013, of which US$459 million was from research contracts. KAIST is the first and top science and technology university in Korea. KAIST has been the gateway to advanced science and technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship, and our graduates have been key players behind Korea’ innovations. KAIST will continue to pursue advances in science and technology as well as the economic development of Korea and beyond.
KAIST University Scholarship 2023 in South Korea has been announced by the first and top science and technology university in Korea for MS, MS leading to PhD, and PhD students. The Korean scholarship is a gateway for international students to advance science and technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The KAIST scholarship program is for those who exhibit creativity, welcome challenges, and are in possession of a caring mind in creating knowledge and then transforming that knowledge into positive innovations that could benefit the entire world. KAIST invited all the international students who are tilted towards serving humanity through their talent and motivation as well as from their learned skills and knowledge.
On the brighter side, the KAIST university scholarship holder will get 80% to 90% of the lectures in English. The KAIST University offers scholarships to international students in multiple disciplines such as Natural Science, Life Science and bioengineering, and business. All these major fields have numerous other related fields in which the international students can apply according to their own interests. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is a world-leading learning institute and the KAIST fully-funded scholarship is a chance for international students to pursue their studies in a top-notch institute that they could not be able to afford otherwise.
KAIST’s mission is to educate talented and broad minds in a way that could benefit humanity through innovation and the use of technology. Moreover, KAIST has a vision in the name of vision 2031 and it is about the strategic development plan. Its vision of 2031 shows the commitment of Korea’s top science and technology university to become an entrepreneurial university. Hence, the students of KAIST have a high probability to enter into the practical fields as soon as they complete their degrees from the university. In addition, the fully funded South Korea scholarship 2023 allows the students to exert efforts to achieve values that benefit humanity without any pressure of financial constraints on the mind.
The scholarship in South Korea for international students 2023 is an opportunity for them to become an integral part of a university that creates value through technology commercialization and plays the role of “World Bridge KAIST” through globalization. The students who are applying for this international scholarship in Korea must not miss the opportunity to contact the university professor first. Your chances to get KAIST Scholarships will be enhanced if you will get an acceptance letter or recommendation from a KAIST professor. The following article is a complete guide about the application process along with the eligibility criteria. Moreover, in order to explain all other financial benefits to the students, a comprehensive and detailed discussion has been done in the following paragraphs. Thus, if any international feels that the eligibility and other requirements are met, he/she must not miss the chance to apply for KAIST Scholarships 2023 in South Korea.
This Scholarship is Hosted by the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology in the South Korea
Degree Level Accepted
- Master’s Degree
- Master’s Leading to Ph.D.
Benefits of the KAIST University Scholarships 2023
- The full tuition fee will be covered that is for MS students the fee of 4 semesters will be exempted and for PhD students, the fee for 8 semesters will be exempted.
- A monthly stipend of 350,000 KRW (around PHP 15,147) will be given to MS students.
- A monthly stipend of 400,000 KRW (around PHP 17,311) will be given to PhD students.
- Medical Insurance will be covered.
- For research assignments, the scholarship holders will be provided with extra stipends or supplementary grants.
Eligibility Criteria of the KAIST University Scholarship 2023
- The applicant must be an international student and not a citizen of Korea.
- For a master’s degree program the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or expect to have a bachelor’s degree at the time of enrollment.
- For PhD degree, the applicant must have a master’s degree or expect to have a master’s degree at the time of enrollment in KAIST.
- Bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree (4 years of bachelor’s).
- If the applicant is of Korean ethnicity regardless of the birth of place; he/she must have received all his/her education outside Korea or neither of the applicant’s parents is a citizen of Korea. If the applicant fulfills any one requirement from these two he/she is eligible.
How to apply for the KAIST Scholarship in South Korea?
- The application for admission will be submitted online.
- The applicant has to apply for admission on a regular basis and if the applicant meets the requirement for the scholarship, the application will be automatically be considered for KAIST Scholarships 2022.
- The applicant has to pay the application fee in order to apply for admission.
- The printout of the online application must also be sent to the KAIST office address in hard form.
Required Documents for the KAIST University Scholarship
- A secondary copy of the national identity card.
- Scanned copies of your parent’s national identity card.
- Certificate of family registration that shows your relationship with your parents.
- Certificates of your degrees.
- If the degree is yet incomplete, certificate of the official letter of expected graduation.
- English proficiency report taken within two years (Starting from September 24) IELTS (6.5), TOEFL (IBT 83/PBT 560), (BT 220), TOEIC (720), TEPS (599).
- Two recommendation letters from your academic advisors.
- In case you have employed the recommendation letters from your employer.
- A CV
- Honors, awards, and employment proofs.
- All documents must be either in Korean or English
- KAIST Scholarship Online Application: August 25th, 10 A.M. – September 15th, 2022.
- Application Material Submission Deadline: September 26th, 2022