In celebration of the labor department’s 88th anniversary, 15,000 local and international job opportunities will be made available to job seekers across the country.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III invited displaced workers and job seekers to take advantage of the 15,569 local and overseas jobs available at the ‘hybrid’ job fairs, which will be attended by 224 employers from across the regions.
The majority of the job openings are in the business process outsourcing, manufacturing, sales and distribution, accounting, and services sectors, according to the labor chief.
189 employers will offer a total of 12,598 local jobs, mostly for customer service representatives, production workers, sewers, sales associates, salesmen, office staff, helpers, and kitchen crew.
Meanwhile, 35 recruitment agencies will offer 2,971 overseas jobs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Kuwait, and Qatar. Registered nurses, bakers, auto mechanics, household service workers, and kitchen crew are among the most in-demand jobs.
In the National Capital Region, Bicol Region, Central Visayas, and Zamboanga Peninsula, a combination of limited face-to-face and online job fairs will be held.
The face-to-face job fair in Metro Manila will be held on December 6 at the DOLE Labor Governance Learning Center, San Jose Street, Intramuros, Manila. Applicants who wish to participate in the online job fair must first pre-register at the JobQuestPH portal.
On December 8, a face-to-face job fair will be held at 4F Ayala Mall Legazpi, Legazpi City, Albay, while online job seekers can go to the DOLE Bicol Region’s online platform partner, Workbank.
Jobseekers in Region 7 can go to SM City Cebu, Mabolo, Cebu City, on December 6-8, while those who prefer a virtual job fair can go to the DOLE Regional Office’s online platform partner, Workbank.
Furthermore, on December 8, job seekers in Region 9 may visit the KCC Mall de Zamboanga in Zamboanga City. On December 8-10, they can also visit the online platform, DOLE IX Job Fair System.
The following 11 locations will host limited face-to-face job fairs:
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Skyzone Area, Porta Vaga Mall, Baguio City (December 8)
- Ilocos Region: Pangasinan Provincial PESO, Capitol Complex, Alviar St. East, Lingayen, Pangasinan (December 8)
- Cagayan Valley Region: Malvar, Santiago City (December 8)
- Central Luzon Region: Bulacan Polytechnic College, Malolos City, Bulacan (December 8)
- MIMAROPA: Bulwagang Panlalawigan, Provincial Capitol Compound, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro (December 13)
- Western Visayas: SM Iloilo, Iloilo City (December 8)
- Eastern Visayas: Robinsons Mall, Marasbaras, Tacloban City (December 8)
- Davao Region: New City Hall, Tagum City and Baranggay Gredu Covered Court, Panabo City (December 7)
- SOCCSKSARGEN: KCC Mall of Gensan Convention and Events Center (December 8)
- CARAGA: SM Butuan, Butuan City (December 8)
Meanwhile, the following regions will be conducting virtual job fairs:
- CALABARZON: https://www.workbank.com/ (December 8)
- Northern Mindanao: https://www.mynimo.com/ (December 9-13)
Reference/s: Department of Labor and Employment