The Department of National Defense is one of the most critical institutions in the Philippine government. It is responsible for the country’s national defence and security, including maintaining peace and order and ensuring the safety and security of its citizens.
The department needs a competent and dedicated workforce to accomplish its goals, so it offers competitive salaries and benefits to its employees. (LIST: Monthly Salary of the Philippine Navy for this Year)
Salary Grade System in the Philippines
The Philippine government uses a Salary Grade System to determine the salaries of its employees.
The system is based on a series of salary grades assigned to different job positions based on their level of responsibility, complexity, and qualifications required. (LIST: PNP Monthly Salary and Their Benefits)
The Salary Grade System is essential to the government’s efforts to provide fair and equitable compensation to its employees. The system ensures that employees are paid based on their skills, knowledge, and experience and receive appropriate compensation for their work.
Department of National Defense Salary Grade 2023
In 2023, the Department of National Defense Salary Grade will significantly increase. The increase is part of the government’s ongoing efforts to improve the salaries and benefits of its employees, particularly those in the public sector. (LIST: Top Government Officials Monthly Salary)
Under the new Salary Grade System, the salaries of Department of National Defense employees will be adjusted based on their position and job level. This means that higher-level employees will receive higher salaries than their lower-level counterparts.
You can also check this article’s Updated Salary Grade for this Year!
Here are some of the changes in the Department of National Defense Salary Grade 2023:
- The Salary Grade for the Department of National Defense Secretary will increase from SG 31 to SG 33.
- The Salary Grade for Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries will increase from SG 29 to SG 31.
- The Salary Grade for Director IV will increase from SG 27 to SG 29.
- The Salary Grade for Director III will increase from SG 24 to SG 27.
- The Salary Grade for Director II will increase from SG 22 to SG 24.
- The Salary Grade for Director I will increase from SG 19 to SG 22.
- The Salary Grade for the Assistant Director will increase from SG 16 to SG 19.
These changes will benefit the Department of National Defense employees and improve the quality of services provided by the department.
Higher salaries will help attract and retain highly qualified individuals committed to serving the country.
|Lieutenant general||Php 125,574|
|Major general||Php 102,896|
|Brigadier general||Php 91,058|
|Lieutenant colonel||Php 71,313|
|1st lieutenant||Php 49,528|
|2nd lieutenant||Php 43,829|
|Chief master sergeant||Php 34,761|
|Senior master sergeant||Php 34,079|
|Master sergeant||Php 33,411|
|Technical sergeant||Php 32,756|
|Staff sergeant||Php 32,114|
|Private first class||Php 30,261|
The officers’ salaries in the DND are pretty impressive, with a general receiving a monthly salary of Php 149,785, a lieutenant general with Php 125,574, and a major general with Php 102,896.
The salaries then go down for a brigadier general with Php 91,058, a colonel with Php 80,583, a lieutenant colonel with Php 71,313, a major with Php 62,555, a captain with Php 56,582, a 1st lieutenant with Php 49,528, and a 2nd lieutenant with Php 43,829.
You can also check the Updated Monthly Salary of the Bureau of Corrections here.
Meanwhile, enlisted personnel in the DND also receive a competitive salary range. For instance, a chief master sergeant earns Php 34,761 per month, followed by a senior master sergeant with Php 34,079, a master sergeant with Php 33,411, a technical sergeant with Php 32,756, a staff sergeant with Php 32,114, a sergeant with Php 31,484, a corporal with Php 30,867, a private first class with Php 30,261, and a private with Php 29,668 per month.
It is important to note that these salaries are not fixed and can vary based on several factors, such as length of service, rank, and performance.
Good News, You can now check the Updated Monthly Salary for Public Teachers here in the Philippines!
In addition, these salaries do not yet include other benefits and allowances that the DND provides to its employees, such as hazard pay, subsistence allowance, and clothing allowance.
Other Benefits for Department of National Defense Employees
Aside from the salary increase, Department of National Defense employees are also entitled to other benefits, such as health insurance, retirement benefits, and leave credits.
The government provides these benefits to ensure that its employees can maintain a decent standard of living and have an excellent work-life balance.
Here are some of the benefits that Department of National Defense employees can expect:
- PhilHealth Coverage
- PhilHealth is a government health insurance program that provides coverage for medical expenses. Department of National Defense employees are automatically enrolled in the program and can enjoy the benefits of PhilHealth coverage.
- Retirement Benefits
- Department of National Defense employees are entitled to retirement benefits, which include a lump-sum payment and a monthly pension. The amount of the retirement benefit depends on the employee’s length of service and salary grade.
- Leave Credits
- Department of National Defense employees are entitled to various types of leave, such as vacation leave, sick leave, maternity leave, paternity leave, and parental leave. The number of leave credits depends on the employee’s length of service and salary grade.
- Hazard Pay
- Department of National Defense employees who are exposed to hazardous working conditions, such as those working in conflict areas, are entitled to hazard pay. The amount of hazard pay depends on the level of danger and the employee’s salary grade.
Working for the Department of National Defense can be a fulfilling career choice for those who want to serve their country. The department offers a range of job opportunities for people with different levels of education and expertise.
The Salary Grade system used by the Philippine government determines the basic pay of government employees, including those in the Department of National Defense.
The Salary Grade scale ranges from 1 to 33, with the higher grades representing higher positions and higher salaries.
In 2023, the basic salary for Department of National Defense employees will increase by 27.63% across all Salary Grades.
This is good news for government employees affected by the economic challenges brought by the pandemic.
The Department of National Defense continues to be a stable and reliable employer in the Philippines, offering competitive salaries and benefits to its employees.
If you are interested in a career in the department, you can visit their website for more information on job openings and requirements.