BFP, or the Bureau of Fire Protection, is the agency responsible for providing fire protection and prevention services in the Philippines. It was established in 1991 as part of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, and since then, it has been committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
One of the key objectives of the BFP is to prevent fires from occurring in the first place. To achieve this goal, the agency conducts regular inspections of buildings and facilities to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary fire safety equipment, such as fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and fire extinguishers. The BFP also provides education and training programs to the public on fire safety and prevention.
When fires do occur, the BFP is well-equipped to respond quickly and effectively. The agency has over 25,000 personnel, including firefighters, medical responders, and administrative staff, stationed throughout the country. These personnel are trained to handle a wide range of emergency situations, from rescuing people from burning buildings to providing first aid to those who have been injured.
In addition to its firefighting and prevention services, the BFP also plays a crucial role in disaster response. During natural disasters, such as typhoons and earthquakes, the BFP provides rescue and relief operations, as well as assistance in evacuation and recovery efforts.
Overall, the BFP is a vital organization that plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people. Its commitment to fire safety and prevention, as well as its expertise in emergency response and disaster management, make it an invaluable asset to the country.
BFP BANGSAMORO Recruitment
BFP BARMM has recently announced that it is accepting applications for ninety seven (97) vacancies for Fire Officer 1 (FO1) Regular Recruitment CY 2023.
This announcement is significant as it indicates that BFP BARMM is actively seeking to fill these positions in order to improve its firefighting force and enhance its ability to respond to emergencies and prevent fires from occurring in the Bangsamoro Region.
As an entry-level position in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), a Fire Officer 1 (FO1) in the Philippines can expect to receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary.
The basic salary of a FO1 in BFP is PHP 29,668 per month, which includes base pay, cost of living allowance, and other mandated allowances such as the PNP-RSBSA (PNP Retiree and Separated Benefits and Security Agency) contribution, and hazard pay.
Aside from the basic salary, FO1s are also entitled to receive additional benefits such as health and life insurance coverage, retirement benefits, and leave benefits. The agency provides medical, dental, and vision care benefits to its employees, along with various other health programs such as annual physical examinations and regular health seminars.
FO1s also have opportunities for career advancement and professional development, including in-service training programs, seminars, and workshops. This can allow them to gain new skills and knowledge, as well as to increase their salary as they progress in their career.
Furthermore, working as an FO1 in BFP also provides the opportunity to serve the community and make a positive impact in the lives of others. Firefighters play a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the public by responding to emergencies, conducting fire safety inspections, and educating the public about fire safety and prevention.
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Male or Female Filipino Citizen not less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age;
- Must be at least 1.57 meters or 5’2″ in height for male and 1.52 meters or 5’0″ for female;
- Must weigh not more or less than five (5) kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex;
- Must possess a Baccalaureate degree from a recognized institute of learning;
- Must have Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level eligibilities (CS Professional, RA 1080/BAR Passer, FOE, or PD 907 Eligibility);
All interested and qualified applicants must personally submit one (1) set of application folder with jacket and white letter tabbings and table of contents containing the following requirements to the Human Resource Management Section (HRMS), ORD, BFP-BARMM starting 03 April until 21 April 2023, 5PM;
- Application Letter indicating the position applied for (addressed to the Regional Director);
- Duly notarized Handwritten Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (Revised 2017) which can be accessed HERE, with recent PASSPORT SIZE picture with white background, NAME TAG and SIGNATURE;
- Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212 Attachment for applicants who filled-in page 2 PDS work experience portion) which can be accessed HERE;
- School Credentials:
- Transcript of Records duly authenticated bu School Registrar
- Diploma duly authenticated by School Registrar
- Certificate of Eligibility:
- if CSC – authenticated by CSC
- if PRC – photocopy of PRC ID and Certificate of Rating duly authenticated by the PRC
- Certificate of Waiver (for applicants with age and/or height deficiency/ies);
- Original Birth Certificate issued by Philippine Statistics Authority;
- Original PSA Marriage Certificate (for MARRIED FEMALE applicants only)
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance;
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Clearance;
- Municipal Trial Court (MTC) Clearance;
- Regional Trial Court (RTC) Clearance;
- Photocopy of the following:
- PhilHealth ID and MDR Form;
- Pag-IBIG ID and MDF Form;
- TIN ID and 2316 Form
- ECG Result with reading from Cardiologist or Internist and Serum Pregnancy test result (for female applicants).
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
Further, be guided on the color of the application folder to be used per province, to wit:
|PROVINCE||Color of Folder (LONG)|
|Lanao del Sur||Blue|
Jobseekers who are passionate about serving their community and making a positive impact in the lives of others are encouraged to consider joining the BFP BARMM Region Family.
By applying for the FO1 Regular Recruitment CY 2023 in BFP Bangsamoro Region, you can become part of a team that is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the Filipino people.
Together, we can make a difference and build a safer, stronger, and more resilient community.
Source: BFP BARMM Recruitment Section