About Cebu Pacific
Cebu Pacific is a Philippine-based low-cost airline founded in 1988, with its headquarters located in Pasay City, Philippines. It is the largest carrier in the Philippine air transportation industry, serving over 30 domestic and international destinations in the Asia-Pacific region.
Cebu Pacific has consistently been recognized for its outstanding services and performance, garnering numerous awards and recognitions over the years. Some of its notable awards include the “World’s Leading Low-Cost Airline” at the World Travel Awards in 2010 and 2013, and “Asia’s Best Low-Cost Carrier” at the Skytrax World Airline Awards in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
The airline operates a modern fleet of Airbus A320, A321neo, and A330 aircraft, equipped with the latest in-flight amenities and entertainment systems. Passengers can enjoy a wide selection of food and beverage options, including pre-ordered meals, snacks, and beverages, as well as duty-free shopping on board.
Cebu Pacific offers various fare classes to cater to the needs of its passengers, including Basic, Standard, and Premium fares. Each class comes with its set of features and services, including baggage allowance, seat selection, priority check-in, and more.
In addition to its excellent services, Cebu Pacific is also committed to environmental sustainability, implementing various initiatives to reduce its carbon footprint and promote eco-friendly practices in the airline industry.
Overall, Cebu Pacific is a remarkable airline that offers exceptional services, affordable fares, and a commitment to sustainability. Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, Cebu Pacific is a fantastic choice for your next trip.
Cebu Pacific has recently announced that they are hiring flight attendants to join their dynamic team. If you’re someone who is passionate about providing excellent customer service, loves to travel, and has a strong desire to work in the aviation industry, then this opportunity might be for you.
What it means to work as a Cebu Pacific Flight Attendant
Working as a flight attendant for Cebu Pacific is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. As a flight attendant, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers during their flight.
Flight attendants are expected to maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service, providing passengers with information and assistance as needed. You will be required to perform safety demonstrations, manage emergency situations, and respond to passenger requests, ensuring that all safety and security procedures are followed.
Working for Cebu Pacific also means being part of a dynamic and diverse team of professionals who are passionate about their work. You will have the opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures, gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
Benefits and Incentives
Here are some of the benefits and incentives of working as a flight attendant for Cebu Pacific:
- Competitive Salary: The entry-level salary for a flight attendant in Cebu Pacific is around PHP 18,000 to PHP 20,000 per month, which is subject to increase depending on experience and tenure.
- Flying Time Pay: Cebu Pacific flight attendants receive an hourly rate for the duration of the flight, which is added to their monthly salary. The hourly rate depends on the flight time and destination.
- Health and Life Insurance: Cebu Pacific provides its flight attendants with comprehensive health and life insurance coverage.
- Travel Benefits: Flight attendants in Cebu Pacific enjoy travel benefits, including free or discounted flights to domestic and international destinations.
- Retirement Plan: The company offers a retirement plan to its employees, providing them with a source of income after retirement.
- Career Growth Opportunities: Cebu Pacific offers various career growth opportunities for its employees, including training programs, job rotations, and promotions.
- Incentives: The airline provides its employees with various incentives, such as performance-based bonuses, annual salary increases, and recognition programs.
- Work-Life Balance: Cebu Pacific values work-life balance, and flight attendants enjoy a flexible work schedule that allows them to balance their personal and professional lives.
- Uniform Allowance: The airline provides its flight attendants with a uniform allowance to cover the cost of their uniforms.
- Training and Development: Cebu Pacific provides its flight attendants with comprehensive training and development programs to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their duties safely and effectively.
Overall, working as a flight attendant for Cebu Pacific can be financially rewarding, with a competitive entry-level salary and hourly pay for flying time. The airline also offers various benefits and incentives, such as health and life insurance, travel benefits, retirement plan, career growth opportunities, incentives, work-life balance, uniform allowance, and training and development.
What does it take to become a Cebu Pacific flight attendant? Here are some of the qualifications and requirements:
- Must have completed at least two (2) years of college or equivalent.
- Preferably has previous experience as a Cabin Crew, particularly A320/321/330/ATR qualified.
- Must meet the minimum height requirement of 5’3 for females, and 5’7 for males; and a reach test of 210 cm.
- Candidates without prior experience as a Cabin Crew may also apply.
- Ready to join training as soon as possible.
- Open to Filipino nationals based in the Philippines only.
- Must be proficient in Filipino and English language.
- Must be physically fit to undergo the training and perform the roles and responsibilities of a Cabin Crew.
- Must have a customer-centric mindset.
- Must possess confidence and creativity in problem solving.
- Willing to be based outside of Manila, if necessary.
- Step 1: Update your CV and submit an application on the Cebu Pacific Air website by choosing the “CAREERS“ option at the bottom of the webpage and selecting the position you’re applying for. Click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB.”
- Step 2: Wait for the screening and interview timeline provided by Cebu Pacific Air.
- Step 3: Schedule an interview and prepare your updated CV and a 2×2 photograph. Dress neatly and professionally, wearing a sleeveless shirt and a skirt below the knee for women (optional stockings and blazers).
- Step 4: Undergo screening, which includes height verification and grin check. Wait for the results.
- Step 5: If you pass the interview, you will be given the chance to undergo training.
- Step 6: Attend the 47-day training at the Cebu Pacific Main Office to prepare for the internship program.
- Step 7: Work as an intern flight attendant under supervision, with the possibility of reprimand in front of passengers. Take the Check Ride, consisting of a practical and oral exam with supervisors or managers.
- Step 8: If you pass the final exam, you will be granted “wings.”
NOTE: Please wait for your schedule to be received via your registered email address. Applicants are encouraged to submit an updated resume with photograph upon application. Only those submitted via career site will be scheduled and processed.
ATTIRE: During the scheduled assessment day, please follow strict dress code of business attire:
- For male applicants, please wear pants/trousers, and short-sleeved polo. Blazers/Coat/Jackets are not required.
- For female applicants, please wear a short-sleeved inner top, blazer or jacket, and knee-length skirt. Hair must be tied to a bun and with appropriate make-up.
How to become a Flight Attendant?
To become a flight attendant in the Philippines, here are the steps you can follow:
- Meet the Basic Requirements: Flight attendant candidates must be at least 18-21 years old, depending on the airline’s policy. They must also have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Get Additional Education: While a high school diploma is the minimum educational requirement for flight attendants, some airlines prefer candidates with a college degree or equivalent. Pursuing courses in hospitality, customer service, or travel and tourism can be beneficial.
- Develop Your Skills: Flight attendants must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Candidates can develop these skills through training, volunteering, or working in customer-facing roles.
- Apply for a Job: Candidates can apply for flight attendant jobs directly through airline websites or job portals. Some airlines may require candidates to attend a recruitment event or participate in an assessment day.
- Complete Training: If a candidate is offered a job as a flight attendant, they must complete the airline’s training program, which includes safety and emergency procedures, customer service, and onboard services. The training typically lasts for several weeks and includes both classroom and practical sessions.
In the Philippines, there are no specific colleges or universities that offer flight attendant training programs. However, some airlines have their own training facilities in the country.
For example, Cebu Pacific has a training center called Cebu Pacific Training Center (CPTC) located in Pasay City, Metro Manila. Philippine Airlines (PAL) also has a training center called PAL Learning Center, located in Pasay City.
Aside from airline training centers, there are also private institutions that offer flight attendant training courses in the Philippines. Some examples include:
- Flight Attendant Academy Philippines
- Aviation Services and Training Institute (ASTI)
- Skyborne Airline Training Academy
- APG International Aviation Academy
- International Cabin Attendant Training School (ICATS)
It’s important to note that completing a flight attendant training course or attending an airline’s training program does not guarantee employment with the airline. Candidates must still meet the airline’s requirements and go through the recruitment and training process.
Being a flight attendant is not just about traveling to different destinations or meeting new people. It is a job that requires discipline, hard work, and dedication. Flight attendants undergo rigorous training to ensure that they are prepared for any situation that may arise during a flight. They also play a critical role in promoting the airline’s brand and reputation, making sure that every passenger has a memorable and positive experience.
In return, Cebu Pacific offers its flight attendants a competitive salary package, including allowances, benefits, and opportunities for career growth and development. As a member of the Cebu Pacific team, you will be part of a company that values teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the aviation industry, then consider applying to become a Cebu Pacific flight attendant. With its commitment to safety, customer service, and employee satisfaction, Cebu Pacific is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to take their career to new heights. Good luck with your application!
Apply now and fly every Juan!
Source: Cebu Pacific