Are you having a hard time finding a job? Do you want to help your family but are finding it hard to get hired?
We get it. Job hunting can be difficult, especially when your family is counting on you. We know how important it is to find the right job that makes a difference for your loved ones.
In this article, we really care about your dreams. We’re here to be more than just a step in your job search. We want to help make your dream job a reality.
In this guide, we’ll show you the important steps to understand job descriptions, meet qualifications, know about salaries, apply the right way, and make sure you don’t miss any deadlines.
Keep reading, and let’s start your journey to a great career!
Table of Contents
For RC2024, all applicants are hereby informed of the following guidelines:
- The start of acceptance of folders will be on January 12, 2024.
- Acceptance of application folders shall be from 0800H to 1400H from Mondays to Fridays only. No submissions will be accepted past 1400H in order to allow for the proper evaluation of all applications.
- The deadline for the acceptance of application folders shall be on February 02, 2024. This is to allow the smooth facilitation of the entire recruitment process.
- All applicants who shall submit their application folders at the NHQ shall form at the NBP Sunken Garden stage to be given instructions regarding the receiving of application folders.
- All documentary requirements must be completed prior to submission to HRD;
- PDS must be dated and notarized in the current year.
- Clearances must be secured in the current year.
- Original copies of certificate of eligibilities, TOR and Diploma will not be accepted.
- Application folders with incomplete documentary submissions shall not be honored.
- Applicants must submit their application folders personally for proper dissemination of instructions, thus application folders sent thru courier / other person will not be processed / accepted.
- Each applicant shall be given a stub that they shall present at every stage of the Recruitment Process in order to track their progress along the way. Without the Recruitment Stub, applicants will not be entertained.
- Only 2022 Job fair and 2023 Regular Cycle applicants shall be allowed to pull out their application folders for re-application by presenting the application stub.
- Applicants who do not make it to their scheduled screening process, except for justifiable circumstances, shall not be recommended to the next screening procedure.
- Applicants must wear white round neck shirt, blue maong pants, white rubber shoes, white socks, black garrison belt with silver buckle, and blue surgical mask. Males must have neat hair cut while females must have their hair tied in a bun.
Minimum Requirements for BuCor Recruitment Cycle 2024
These are the minimum requirements that an individual must meet in order to be eligible for employment in certain government positions in the Republic of the Philippines:
- A Citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug, and physical test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must possess a Baccalaureate Degree from a recognized learning institution;
- Must possess the appropriate civil service eligibility;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment;
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude; &
- Must be at least one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m.) in height for males and one meter and fifty-two centimeters (1.52m.) for females, Provided that a waiver for height and age requirement/s may be granted to applicants belonging to the cultural communities.
*The age limit for applicants for Corrections Officer I as per R.A. 10575 or “The Bureau of Corrections Act of 2013” is 40 years old. However, those above thirty-six (36) years of age will have to sign a waiver agreeing that they may not be able to qualify for the full retirement benefits afforded to a Uniformed Officer of BuCor.
Accepted Eligibilities for BuCor Recruitment Cycle 2024
These are the five accepted eligibilities, which include:
- CSC Career Service Professional Eligibility
- P.D. 907 (CSC College Honor Graduate Eligibility)
- Penology Officer Eligibility
- CSC Police Officer Eligibility (July 1998 onwards)
- BAR/Board Eligibility (R.A. 1080)
*R.A. 1080 Eligibilities must require the completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
If the R.A. 1080 eligibility was obtained before the completion of a Degree, the same shall be deemed inappropriate for the position.
Example: Applicant completed a 2-year course in Midwifery last 2020 and successfully passed the Midwifery Licensure Examination in 2021. In 2022, applicant subsequently graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Midwifery and applied with BuCor, presenting the 2021 Eligibility as compliance for the Application Requirements.
In the case above, the eligibility shall not be accepted and will only be considered as a first-level eligibility.
Physical, Medical and Dental Evaluation Guidelines
The BuCor’s Physical, Medical, and Dental Evaluation Guidelines outline the specific medical, dental, and physical requirements that all applicants need to meet in order to qualify for employment within the organization, including:
- All laboratory tests and medical clearances shall be done ONLY in a DOH-ACCREDITED GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL
- Medical Clearance, once required by the BuCor Medical Officer, from a Specialist shall indicate “FIT FOR RIGID TRAINING”
- Additional Grounds for Disqualification:
- Tattoos: Any tattoo of any size in any part of the body except for aesthetic enhancement (e.g. eyebrow tattoo);
- Unusual body piercing and penile injections;
- Underweight and overweight;
- Failure to comply to the acceptable range of BMI (18.5 – 25.5);
- Defective visual perception such as color blindness, nearsighted/farsighted with corrective eyeglasses or lens;
- Speech defect;
- Perforated ear drum, hemorrhoids, bleeding tendencies, hernia (if not treated), varicocele, communicable skin disorders, bone fracture (non-healed), no gross skeletal deformity that will limit joint movements, seizure history;
- Communicable diseases (PTB, Hepatitis B, etc.);
- Any mental disorder;
- Falsification of BuCor Medical Examination Record, laboratory results and medical clearances/certificates;
- Dental Evaluation
- All BuCor applicants shall undergo extensive dental examination. Additional dental procedures may be required by the Dental Officer. Failure to comply may be grounds for disqualification.
- APPLICANTS for UNIFORMED PERSONNEL who are UNFIT/DISQUALIFIED during the PMDE shall NOT be re-evaluated. PMDE result shall be endorsed to Human Resource Division (HRD);
- No fees shall be charged by BuCor Health Officer related to the PMDE, except medical tests and procedures done outside BuCor.
Application Requirements for BuCor Recruitment Cycle 2024
These are the application requirements for the BuCor Corrections Officer I position, which includes two folders with various authenticated and notarized documents
|Number of Copies
|Letter of Intent (in legal bond paper)Addressed to:
|FOR: GENERAL GREGORIO PIO P CATAPANG JR, AFP (Ret),CESE, CCLHDirector GeneralBureau of Corrections
THRU: MS. LIGAYA A. DADORChief. Human Resource Division
|Duly accomplished Personal Data Sheet with attached Work experience sheet (Revised 2017; CSC Form 212) Back to back, Original and Notarized
|Authenticated copy of Certificate of Eligibility with Official Receipt(Cert. of Board Rating for PRC/Cert of Eligibility for CSC/Penology Officer)
|Official Transcript of Records (TOR) authenticated/certified by School Registrar
|Diploma (Authenticated/certified by School Registrar)
|Original PSA birth cert w/ Official Receipt
|Original Child PSA birth cert w/ Official Receipt (if applicable)
|Original PSA Marriage cert. w/ Official Receipt (if applicable)
|Original NBI clearance
|Original Local Police Clearance
|Authenticated IPCR (Latest 2 Rating Period) for active/former government employee with plantilla item/s
|Authenticated Service Record for active/former government employee with plantilla item/s
|Authenticated Appointment for active/former government employee with plantilla item/s
|Certificate of Honorably discharge for former government employee with plantilla item/s
|NCIP or NCMF Certificate of Confirmation (COC) for applicants who did not meet the height requirement
-TIN ID/TIN verification form
-PHILHEAL TH ID/MDR
|Number of Copies
|Duly accomplished Personal Data Sheet with attached Work Experience Sheet(Revised 2017; CSC Form 212) Back to back, Original and Notarized
|Original NBI clearance
|Photocopy of Local Police clearance
|Original Brgy. Clearance
|Original Prosecution Clearance
|Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
|Photocopy of Marriage cert (if applicable)
|Diploma (Authenticated/Certified by School Registrar)
|Certificate of Employment
|Photocopy of passport (if any)
|Original NOTARIZED waiver to undergo B.I
|Sketch of house/residence from landmarks
|Latest 2×2 ID Picture
- The Corrections Officer I application folder must be tabbed as listed.
- Application Folder: White Long Folder and must be submitted personally.
- Attire: White Round Nech Shirt, Blue Maong Pants, White Rubber Shoes, White Socks, Black Garrison Belt with Silver Buckle, Surgical Mask. Males must be in proper haircut and females must tie their hair in a bun.
- Incomplete Documents shall not accepted.
How to Apply
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Corrections Officer I Position:
- Step 1: Prepare the necessary documents listed in the “Documents” section and make sure to have the required number of copies.
- Step 2: Fill out the Personal Data Sheet with the attached Work Experience Sheet (CSC Form 212) and have it notarized.
- Step 3: Secure an Original NBI clearance and a photocopy of the Local Police clearance.
- Step 4: Obtain an Original Brgy. Clearance, Original RTC, Original MTC/MCTC/MeTC/MeCTC, and an Original Prosecution Clearance.
- Step 5: For former or active government employees, secure an Authenticated IPCR (Latest 2 Rating Period), Authenticated Service Record, Authenticated Appointment, or Certificate of Honorably discharge, depending on your status.
- Step 6: For those who did not meet the height requirement, obtain an NCIP or NCMF Certificate of Confirmation (COC).
- Step 7: Prepare two photocopies each of the TIN ID/TIN verification form, PAG-IBIG ID/MDF, and PhilHealth ID/MDR.
- Step 8: Include a photocopy of your PSA Birth Certificate and, if applicable, your Marriage Certificate.
- Step 9: Bring a Diploma (Authenticated/Certified by School Registrar) and a Certificate of Employment.
- Step 10: If you have a passport, include a photocopy in the application folder.
- Step 11: Provide an original NOTARIZED waiver to undergo B.I.
- Step 12: Include a sketch of your house/residence from landmarks and two latest 2×2 ID pictures.
- Step 13: Assemble all documents in a white long folder and label it with your plate number.
- Step 14: Make sure to wear the proper attire when submitting the application. For male applicants, wear a white round neck shirt, blue maong pants, white rubber shoes, white socks, black garrison belt with silver buckle, and a surgical mask. For female applicants, tie your hair in a bun.
- Step 15: Submit the application folder personally to the designated office.
- Step 16: Incomplete documents will not be accepted, so make sure to double-check everything before submission.
I hope this step-by-step guide helps you with your application. Good luck!
Deadline of BuCor Recruitment Cycle 2024
Please be informed that the deadline for the acceptance of application folders for the position of Corrections Officer I is on February 02, 2024.
It is important to submit your complete and properly labeled application folder before the said deadline.
Late submissions and incomplete documents will not be entertained, so make sure to double-check everything before submitting.
In conclusion, applying for the position of BuCor Corrections Officer I requires careful attention to detail and preparation.
It is important to have all the necessary documents listed in the “Documents” section, fill out the Personal Data Sheet, and wear the proper attire when submitting the application personally.
Remember to double-check everything before submission to ensure that your application folder is complete and properly labeled.
With this step-by-step guide, I hope you find it easier to apply for the position of Corrections Officer I.
Good luck with your application, and do not forget to submit your complete and properly labeled application folder before the deadline on February 02, 2024.
- Facebook. (n.d.). Www.facebook.com. Retrieved January 13, 2024, from https://www.facebook.com/BuCorHRDRecruitment/posts/pfbid02oV2f4YCkt7wTk8KPwxnjZ2Q6wEVkHsqpTXZG8ieUQyKfoGUwUd4yHSNHY2EqKvt3l