Friendly Advice for Job Seekers
To increase your chances of getting hired and show the company you’re serious, make sure you understand the job descriptions, qualifications, requirements, deadlines, and other important details.
We encourage you to read the entire article to learn more about what it’s like to work at BIR.
Note: This website only shares job information and is not involved in hiring people or application processes. It's not connected to any hiring agency, and you don't have to pay anything to see job details or apply here. (Read full)
About the Bureau of Internal Revenue
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is a critical agency of the Philippine government responsible for the collection of taxes, enforcement of tax laws and regulations, and implementation of tax policies and incentives. Since its creation in 1904, the BIR has been instrumental in promoting a just and equitable tax system that supports the country’s development goals.
The BIR’s primary responsibility is to collect taxes, including income tax, value-added tax, excise tax, and documentary stamp tax, among others. Its revenue collection efforts are vital to the Philippine government’s ability to fund social services, infrastructure development, and other public programs.
To ensure that individuals and businesses comply with tax laws and regulations, the BIR must conduct audits and investigations, enforce penalties and sanctions, and educate taxpayers about their rights and responsibilities. The agency’s enforcement efforts are critical to maintaining the tax system’s integrity and ensuring that all taxpayers pay their fair share of taxes.
In recent years, the BIR has implemented various reforms and initiatives to improve its efficiency and effectiveness of tax collection. One of the most significant changes is implementing electronic tax filing and payment systems. This move has made the process more efficient and streamlined, reducing the time and resources required to comply with tax obligations. The BIR has also launched a tax amnesty program to encourage taxpayers to disclose their previously undeclared income and assets voluntarily. The amnesty program has been successful in generating additional revenue for the government and improving tax compliance.
The BIR’s efforts to enhance tax enforcement measures have also been significant. The agency has intensified its audit and investigation activities, particularly on high-risk taxpayers and industries. It has also strengthened its collaboration with other government agencies and international organizations to share information and best practices on tax compliance.
Apart from its tax collection and enforcement functions, the BIR is also responsible for implementing tax policies and incentives. The agency’s role in implementing tax incentives is critical in attracting foreign and local investments contributing to the country’s economic development. The BIR is also responsible for promoting compliance with tax policies, such as environmental taxes, to support the government’s efforts to address environmental challenges.
The BIR’s commitment to excellence and professionalism has earned it numerous awards and recognitions. In 2018, the agency received the ISO 9001:2015 certification for quality management, demonstrating its dedication to delivering quality tax services to taxpayers. In 2019, the BIR received the Anti-Corruption Initiative Award from the Anti-Corruption Commission of the Philippines for its efforts to promote transparency, accountability, and integrity in tax administration.
Overall, the BIR is a vital institution in the Philippine government that plays a critical role in promoting a just and equitable tax system that supports the country’s development goals. Its efforts to improve tax collection efficiency and effectiveness, enhance tax enforcement measures, and implement tax policies and incentives are essential in promoting economic growth and improving the quality of life for all Filipinos. The BIR’s commitment to excellence and professionalism sets a standard for other government agencies and serves as an inspiration to the Filipino people.
If you’re looking for a new career opportunity, you’ll be happy to know that the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) currently has several job openings available. As one of the most vital agencies in the Philippines, the BIR is looking for talented and skilled individuals to join its team and help support its mission of promoting tax compliance and generating revenue for the government.
The BIR is looking for applicants who are driven, results-oriented, and committed to making a positive impact in their work. If you have a passion for public service and a strong work ethic, then you may be an excellent fit for one of the open positions at the BIR.
BIR Vacant Positions
Plantilla Item Numbers and Place of Assignments can be viewed on the following PDF:
Date of Publication: July 25, 2023
Additional Job Vacancy at BIR
Date of Publication: July 26, 2023
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send them to the address below no later than August 4/5, 2023.
- 3 sets of PERSONAL DATA SHEET (2017 Revised Edition) with CSC-required passport size picture and thumbmark which can be downloaded HERE
- 3 copies of the accomplished Statement of Relatives form (can be downloaded at the website www.bir.gov.ph – vacant positions)
- 1 Certified True Copy and 2 photocopies of the Diploma
- 1 Certified True Copy and 2 photocopies of the Transcript of Records
- 2 Authenticated Copies and 1 photocopy of Certificate of Civil Service Eligibility (if Civil Service eligible)
- For RA 1080 Eligible (CPAs and/or other board passers only):
- 2 Authenticated copies and 1 photocopy of the Board Rating
- 3 photocopies of valid PRC ID
- For BAR Passers only:
- 3 photocopies of the Certificate of BAR Membership
- 3 photocopies of the BAR Rating
- For Re-employment:
- 1 Original copy of valid Ombudsman Clearance
- 3 photocopies of District/Regional/National Office Clearance (whichever is applicable)
- 3 copies of the accomplished Reference Release Waiver form (can be downloaded HERE)
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in or send through courier/email their application to:
CHIEF, CAREER MANAGEMENT SECTION 7th Flr. Personnel Division, BIR National Office Bldg., Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
All applicants are welcome to apply regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical features, impairment or disability, work-related injury, religious belief or activity ethnicity, political belief, medical history, affiliation or activity or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
The application deadline vacancy for 1-87 Page PDF is on August 4, 2023 and the Application deadline of 1-6 Page PDF is on August 5, 2023. Act fast. Apply now!
If you are looking for a job that offers competitive salaries, career growth and development, and an opportunity to contribute to the country’s economic growth and development, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) may be the perfect fit for you. Working at the BIR offers many benefits and opportunities that make it an excellent choice for those seeking meaningful work and professional growth.
One of the most significant advantages of working at the BIR is the competitive salaries offered to employees. The agency recognizes the importance of attracting and retaining top talent and has implemented a compensation system that rewards employees for their hard work and dedication. The salaries offered at the BIR are often higher than those offered by other government agencies, making it an attractive option for job seekers.
Another significant advantage of working at the BIR is career growth and development opportunities. The agency provides its employees with extensive training and development programs that equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed. The BIR also offers career advancement opportunities, allowing employees to progress through the ranks and take on more significant responsibilities over time.
If you are interested in applying for a job at the BIR, it’s easy to get started. You can submit your application online through the BIR’s website or in person at one of their offices. The agency offers a range of career opportunities, from entry-level positions to management roles. By joining the team at the BIR, you will become part of a mission-driven organization that is committed to promoting tax compliance and generating revenue for the government.
In conclusion, working at the BIR offers many benefits and opportunities, making it an excellent choice for job seekers. Competitive salaries, opportunities for career growth and development, and the chance to impact the country’s economic growth and development are just some of the advantages of working at the BIR. Moreover, the agency is committed to providing a supportive work environment that promotes work-life balance and personal wellness.
So if you are looking for a job that offers both professional growth and a chance to contribute to the country’s development, don’t hesitate to submit your application today.
Source: Bureau of Internal Revenue
DISCLAIMER: This website provides job information only and is not responsible for recruitment or application processes. No fees are required for accessing job details or applying through this platform. Use caution and diligence when dealing with potential employers. (Read full)
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
Is this website a hiring agency or involved in the job application process?
- No, this website only shares job information and is not connected to any hiring agency or involved in the job application process. You can view job details and apply for positions directly through the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
Do I have to pay anything to see job details or apply for positions?
- No, you don’t have to pay anything to access job details or apply for positions at the BIR. The application process is free.
What is the Bureau of Internal Revenue?
- The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is a critical agency of the Philippine government responsible for tax collection, enforcement of tax laws, and implementation of tax policies and incentives to support the country’s development goals.
What are the primary responsibilities of the BIR?
- The BIR’s primary responsibility is to collect taxes, including income tax, value-added tax, excise tax, and documentary stamp tax, among others. Its revenue collection efforts are vital for funding social services, infrastructure development, and public programs.
What are the job opportunities available at the BIR?
- As of the publication date, the BIR has several job openings available. You can download the PDF files provided on this website to view the vacant positions.
How do I apply for a job at the BIR?
- To apply for a job at the BIR, interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing and attach the required documents specified in the article. Applications should be submitted to the address mentioned in the article.
What is the deadline for application submissions?
- The application deadline varies depending on the vacancy. Please refer to the article for specific deadlines.
How can I submit my application for a job at the BIR?
- You can submit your application online through the BIR’s website or in person at one of their offices.
Is there a specific application form to use when applying for this Job?
- Yes, interested applicants should use the provided Personal Data Sheet and other required forms mentioned in the article when applying for a position at the BIR.