The National Tobacco Administration (NTA) is an extraordinary government agency that excels in its mission to regulate, promote, and develop the tobacco industry. With a team of visionary leaders at its helm, the NTA has been instrumental in fostering sustainable growth and advancing public health initiatives while ensuring the welfare of tobacco farmers. Their commitment to excellence and innovation is evident in various aspects of their work.
One remarkable aspect of the NTA is its dedication to promoting sustainability within the tobacco industry. Through research and development initiatives, the agency encourages environmentally friendly cultivation techniques, efficient resource management, and the use of renewable energy sources. By prioritizing long-term viability and minimizing ecological impact, the NTA sets a high standard for industry practices.
Recognizing the vital role played by tobacco farmers, the NTA empowers them through comprehensive programs. By providing training, technical assistance, and access to modern farming technologies, the agency enables farmers to enhance productivity, improve crop quality, and increase their incomes. This support contributes to rural development and poverty alleviation, creating a positive impact on the lives of these farmers.
The NTA places a strong emphasis on quality control and standards. Through rigorous monitoring and testing, the agency ensures that tobacco products meet the highest standards of excellence. By enforcing strict regulations on production, packaging, and labeling, the NTA safeguards consumer health and ensures fair practices within the industry.
While advocating for the growth and development of the tobacco industry, the NTA also places significant importance on public health. Collaborating with health organizations and government agencies, the agency implements comprehensive tobacco control programs. These initiatives include public awareness campaigns, smoking cessation programs, and the enforcement of anti-smoking laws, all aimed at reducing tobacco-related health risks and promoting a healthier society.
The economic impact of the NTA cannot be overlooked. By providing a robust regulatory framework and a business-friendly environment, the agency facilitates sustainable growth and job creation within the industry. Additionally, their efforts to promote exports of Philippine tobacco contribute to foreign exchange earnings and enhance the country’s global trade position.
Research and innovation are key priorities for the NTA. The agency invests in scientific studies on crop improvement, disease control, and alternative uses of tobacco. Through partnerships with academic institutions and industry experts, they stay at the forefront of advancements, ensuring the industry remains adaptable and resilient.
The NTA also demonstrates social responsibility by encouraging corporate citizenship and community engagement within the tobacco industry. They actively support initiatives that promote education, healthcare, and sustainable development in tobacco-growing regions. By prioritizing the well-being of local communities, the NTA fosters a positive and inclusive industry culture.
Ultimately, the National Tobacco Administration (NTA) is an exceptional government agency that effectively balances the economic interests of the tobacco industry with public health concerns. Through visionary leadership, sustainable practices, farmer empowerment, quality control measures, public health initiatives, economic impact, research and innovation, and social responsibility, the NTA plays a crucial role in ensuring the industry’s growth while also safeguarding the well-being of the nation’s citizens and environment.
NTA Vacant Positions
Check below the list of summarized positions with its salary grade and equivalent salaries:
- One (1) Internal Auditor II (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Secretary I (SG7/ Php 15,586 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Economist II (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Information Technology Officer III (SG24/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Information Systems Analyst I (SG12/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Project Manager I (SG25/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Senior Science Research Specialist (SG19/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Chief Tobacco Production and Regulation Officer (SG24/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- Seven (7) Tobacco Production and Regulation Officer III (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Secretary I (SG7/ Php 15,586 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Science Research Analyst (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Chief Science Research Specialist (SG24/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Chemist IV (SG22/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Chemist III (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Science Research Specialist II (SG16/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Science Research Specialist I (SG13/ Php 31,320 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Market Specialist V (SG24/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Market Specialist IV (SG22/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- Three (3) Supervising Tobacco Production and Regulation Officer (SG22/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- Seven (7) Tobacco Production and Regulation Officer I (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Accountant III (SG19/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Senior Tobacco Production and Regulation Officer (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Agriculturist II (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- Five (5) Agriculturist I (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- Four (4) Chief Agriculturist (SG24/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Administrative Officer V (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Accountant IV (SG22/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Financial Analyst I (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Human Resource Management Officer V (SG24/ Php 80,003 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Human Resource Management Officer II (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
Date of Publication: May 19, 2023
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send them to the address below no later than May 29, 2022.
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with a recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017);
- Performance rating in the last rating period (if applicable);
- Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license; and
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
*Note: Pursuant to GCG issuance on Compensation and Position Classification (CPCS) Implementing Guidelines No. 2021-01 with the Subject Implementing Guidelines of Executive Order No. 150, s. 2021.
How to Apply
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to hand in or send through courier/email their application to:
ZENAIDA T. ARROJO Manager, Administrative Department 11th Floor, The Upper Class Tower, Quezon Ave., Quezon City email@example.com
APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
Working at the NTA offers the chance to make a direct impact on the growth and development of the tobacco industry, a vital economic sector in the country. Joining the NTA means playing a significant role in shaping the industry’s future, contributing to the welfare of tobacco farmers, public health initiatives, and the overall economy.
Competitive compensation packages and a comprehensive range of benefits are offered at the NTA, demonstrating their dedication to attracting and retaining top talent. From health insurance and retirement plans to employee wellness programs and work-life balance initiatives, the NTA prioritizes employee well-being and ensures that hard work and dedication are duly rewarded.
The NTA upholds a culture of excellence, emphasizing innovation, integrity, and professionalism. They embrace diversity and inclusivity, creating an environment that values and respects everyone’s contributions. Joining the NTA means becoming part of an organization that sets the highest standards of performance, ethics, and accountability.
Jobseekers interested in the NTA’s job vacancies are urged not to miss out on this incredible opportunity. Taking the first step towards a fulfilling career can be achieved by applying for the available positions. The National Tobacco Administration offers a dream career, where individuals can make a real difference while achieving personal and professional growth. The NTA awaits those ready to embark on a rewarding journey today!
Source: National Tobacco Administration