State pension fund Government Service Insurance System is now accepting applications for the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) until August 31. Under the program, GSIS will grant a yearly P10,000 educational assistance to 10,000 members’ children or dependents who are in college.
The grantees will receive a Php10,000 yearly financial assistance from GSIS until they finish their college course provided they maintain a general weighted average of 80% with no failing grade or incomplete mark in any subject.
A member may have up to two children or dependents receiving assistance under GESP, provided that the subsidy was granted for different school years.
Qualified to nominate grantees for GESP are active members with permanent status. Their salary grade must be 24 (or its equivalent) or below and premium payments should be updated. Moreover, they must have no underpaid or unpaid loan amortization of not more than three months for the duration of the GESP grant.
For AY 2021-2022, GSIS received 17,300 GESP applications. Out of these received applications, the grantees were selected from different regions across the country, broken down as follows: 1,581 from NCR; 1,994 from North Luzon; 2,093 from South Luzon; 2,078 from Visayas; and 2,254 grantees from Mindanao.
Qualifications for GESP?
- Children or family members of active GSIS contributors
- Grantees should be college students at any year level (with a four-year or five-year course and enrolled in any CHED-recognized school) without any scholarship from a public or private organization.
- Parents have permanent employment status and are within the salary grade 24 (or its equivalent) and below.
- Have no underpaid or unpaid loan amortization for more than 3 months
Applicants must submit an affidavit stating that the students are not recipients of any other educational or financial assistance program (including the GSIS Scholarship program) for the duration of the grant; a school certification stating the student’s course, year level, and the duration of the course and that the student is accepted or enrolled during the current academic year; and a report card or school certification indicating that the general weighted average of the applicant’s dependent is at least 80% with no failing grade and incomplete mark incurred in any subject.
Requirements for GESP?
To apply for the GESP SY 2022-2023 grant, here are the documents you should submit:
- Student’s birth certificate.
- Certificate of registration of grades
- Certificate from a college verifying that you are enrolled or accepted during the current academic year and which indicates your course, the duration of your course, and your year level.
- Grade of at least 80% with no incomplete or failed ratings in any subject within the previous year.
- Certificate of employment or service record (if applicable).
- Properly filled out GESP application form.
How to apply for GESP?
To apply, eligible GSIS members must submit the properly filled-out application form; original or certified true copy of the birth certificate of the student issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority; certificate of employment or certified true copy of service record duly signed by the member’s agency authorized officer; notarized affidavit stating that the student is not receiving any other educational or financial assistance program; and certification from the school that the student is enrolled in the current academic year, the duration of the course, and the student’s year level.
- Download, print and fill out the application form.
- Once done, send a copy of the application form and other documents mentioned above in the Nearest GSIS Office or in a Drop Box.
Deadline of Application
- The Deadline of the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program is on August 31, 2022.
Interested parties who have inquiries on GESP may visit the GSIS website (www.gsis.gov.ph), or GSIS Facebook page (@gsis.ph); email email@example.com; or call the GSIS Contact Center at 8847-4747 (if in Metro Manila) or 1-800-8-847-4747 (for Globe and TM subscribers) and 1-800-10-847-4747 (for Smart, Sun, and Talk ‘N Text subscribers).
Prospective applicants may also coordinate with the GSIS Corporate Social Advocacies and Public Relations Facilities Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8479-3571 to 72.