Philippine Army Salary Grade 2023
|Chief master sergeant
|Senior master sergeant
|Private first class
As you can see, a soldier’s monthly salary in the Philippines can range from Php 30,000 to Php 150,000 if you become a general. The salary of a lieutenant can range from Php 43,800 to Php 49,500.
A master sergeant earns Php 33,411 per month, a staff sergeant earns Php 32,114 per month, and a private earns Php 29,668 per month.
In addition, the salary grade of other military personnel in the Philippines are as follows: A candidate soldier can receive Php 33,327 in monthly gross payments, a private (enlisted personnel) can receive Php 37,038 in monthly gross payments, an officer candidate can receive Php 41,696 in monthly gross payments, and a 2Lt (call to active duty) can receive Php 49,906.
Philippine Army Benefits
The Philippine Army offers its members a wide range of competitive pay and benefits, making it an attractive career choice for many individuals. Here are some of the benefits that the Philippine Army offers to its members:
- Competitive Pay: The Philippine Army offers its members competitive pay that is based on rank and years of service. The pay is comparable to other government agencies and is adjusted annually based on the prevailing economic conditions.
- Opportunities for Post-Graduate Studies: The Philippine Army offers opportunities for its members to pursue post-graduate studies both domestically and abroad. The Army has partnerships with several universities and academic institutions that offer specialized courses and training.
- Insurance and Healthcare Benefits: The Philippine Army provides insurance and healthcare benefits to its members, including medical and dental coverage for themselves and their families.
- Billeting and Housing Privileges: The Philippine Army offers billeting and housing privileges to its members, which include barracks and housing facilities for both single and married personnel.
- Job Security: The Philippine Army offers its members job security, as it is a stable and reputable organization with a long history of service to the country.
- Training in Leadership and Other Skills: The Philippine Army provides training in leadership and other skills to its members, including marksmanship, combat tactics, and technical skills.
- Chance to Serve as Army Commander: The Philippine Army offers its members the chance to serve as Army Commander, which is the highest position in the organization.
- Career Advancement: The Philippine Army offers its members opportunities for career advancement, as well as specialized training and development programs.
About Philippine Army
The Philippine Army is the main branch of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) responsible for ground warfare. It was established on December 21, 1935, making it one of the oldest standing armies in Asia. The Philippine Army has a rich history, having played significant roles in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, among others.
Today, the Philippine Army is composed of over 90,000 soldiers, making it the largest branch of the AFP. The Army’s main mission is to defend the Philippines against external and internal threats, preserve the country’s territorial integrity, and support national development efforts.
The Philippine Army has several units specializing in various aspects of military operations, including special operations, intelligence, logistics, and civil-military operations. These units are equipped with the latest technologies and equipment, including firearms, vehicles, and communication systems.
The Philippine Army is known for its professionalism and commitment to serving the Filipino people. It operates under the core values of honor, patriotism, and duty. The Army is committed to upholding human rights and the rule of law, and has been recognized for its efforts in promoting gender equality, inclusivity, and diversity.
The Philippine Army also plays an important role in disaster response and humanitarian assistance efforts. During natural disasters and other emergencies, the Army provides vital assistance and support to affected communities, including rescue operations, medical aid, and distribution of relief goods.
The Army has also been involved in peacekeeping efforts around the world. Philippine Army troops have served in United Nations peacekeeping missions in various countries, including Haiti, Sudan, and Liberia, among others.
The Philippine Army is a highly trained and professional military force committed to defending the Philippines and serving the Filipino people. Its rich history, commitment to human rights, and involvement in peacekeeping and disaster response efforts make it an important institution in the country’s development and security.
Philippine Army Ranks
The Philippine Army, like any other military organization, has a hierarchical structure that consists of officers and enlisted personnel. Each rank is assigned a specific level of responsibility, authority, and job description. These are divided into two groups: officers and enlisted personnel.
Officers are individuals who have completed a four-year bachelor’s degree program and have undergone officer candidate training. They are responsible for leading and managing troops and are expected to have a higher level of education and training than enlisted personnel.
- Lieutenant general
- Major general
- Brigadier general
- Lieutenant colonel
- 1st lieutenant
- 2nd lieutenant
Enlisted personnel are individuals who have completed basic military training and are not commissioned officers. They are responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks of the military and are typically supervised by officers.
- Chief master sergeant
- Senior master sergeant
- Master sergeant
- Technical sergeant
- Staff sergeant
- Private first class
How to join the Philippine Army
To join the Philippine Army, you need to meet certain qualifications and follow the recruitment process. Here are the general steps to join the Philippine Army:
- Check the eligibility requirements: You must be a natural-born Filipino citizen, single and never been married, 18-23 years old (for enlisted personnel) or 21-29 years old (for officers), at least 5’0″ in height (for both male and female applicants), physically and mentally fit, and with no criminal record. You must also pass the Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT) and the Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Prepare the requirements: The basic requirements for joining the Philippine Army include your birth certificate, educational documents, valid IDs, NBI clearance, police clearance, and other necessary documents.
- Submit your application: You can submit your application online or visit the nearest Army Recruitment Office (ARO) in your area. Make sure to bring all the necessary documents and comply with the application process.
- Take the qualifying exam: Once your application is accepted, you will be scheduled to take the AFPSAT, a standardized aptitude test designed to evaluate your knowledge, skills, and abilities. You will also undergo the PFT, which measures your physical fitness level.
- Attend the pre-entry orientation seminar: If you pass the qualifying exam and the PFT, you will attend the pre-entry orientation seminar (PEOS), which is a one-day seminar that provides you with more information about the Army and its values, mission, and vision.
- Undergo the medical examination: After passing the PEOS, you will undergo a medical examination to determine if you are physically and mentally fit to join the Army.
- Take the final interview: If you pass the medical examination, you will undergo a final interview with the selection board to evaluate your character, personality, and suitability for the Army.
- Enlistment: If you successfully pass all the stages of the recruitment process, you will be enlisted in the Philippine Army and will undergo basic military training.
It is important to note that the recruitment process may change depending on the current policies and requirements of the Philippine Army. It is advisable to regularly check the official website of the Philippine Army or visit the nearest Army Recruitment Office for updates and additional information.
The Philippine Army extends an invitation to all interested applicants who possess the necessary qualifications and are passionate about serving the country. As an esteemed institution dedicated to protecting the nation and promoting peace and stability, the Philippine Army welcomes individuals who are physically and mentally fit, with sound moral character, and a strong commitment to serve the country.
By joining the Philippine Army, you will have the opportunity to become part of a noble and honorable profession that demands discipline, dedication, and a deep sense of patriotism. We encourage you to take the first step towards your dream of becoming a soldier and be a part of their mission to serve the country and its people.
Source: Philippine Army