The United Arab Emirates is quite unique. It was established on December 2, 1971, and it’s a federation of seven emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al-Quwain, Fujairah, and Ras Al Khaimah.
Each emirate is governed by its own monarch and together they form a federal council.
The UAE has experienced significant economic growth, largely driven by oil exports, but in recent years, it has diversified its economy into sectors like tourism, real estate, and aviation.
It’s known for its ambitious and futuristic development projects, such as the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, and artificial islands like the Palm Jumeirah.
Culturally, the UAE is a blend of traditional Bedouin heritage and a modern, cosmopolitan lifestyle.
It has a diverse population with a mix of expatriates from around the world. The official language is Arabic, and Islam is the official religion.
The job prospects for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in the UAE can be quite promising, especially in sectors such as construction, hospitality, healthcare, information technology, and finance.
Many Filipinos work in the UAE, and they are valued for their skills and work ethic.
In this article, we’ll explore the job prospects for aspiring Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in United Arab Emirates.
Table of Contents
Accredited Manpower Agencies to UAE
Discover your pathway to global employment with our curated list of accredited Philippine manpower agencies.
These agencies, with active job orders listed on the Department of Migrant Worker website, provide legitimate and promising opportunities for those seeking overseas careers.
- 101 MOJO INT`L. CORPORATION
- 1010 EPHESIANS HUMAN RESOURCES INC
- 1128 INTERNATIONAL PLACEMENT AGENCY
- 1ST DYNAMIC PERSONNEL RESOURCES INC.
- 2018 CROWNE HUMAN RESOURCES INC.
- 21ST CENTURY MANPOWER RESOURCES INC (FOR. NURSING INT`L.)
- 7107 ISLANDS PLACEMENT & PROMOTIONS INC
- 9K INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER AND RECRUITMENT SERVICES CORP
- A-VANTAGE INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT CORP.
- A. KANAN MANPOWER CORPORATION
- ABBA PERSONNEL SERVICES INC
- ABD OVERSEAS MANPOWER CORP
- ADEL INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER SERVICES
- ADMIRAL OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT CORPORATION
- ADVANCE GROUP LINK MANPOWER SERVICES INC
- AGE INTERNATIONAL GULF EMPLOYMENT CO
- AKIRO INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER SERVICES CO
- AL ASSAL MANPOWER, INC.
- AL MANAF INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER CORP
- AL-ALAMIA INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER SERVICES
- AL-BAYAN INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER SERVICES CO
- AL-HABIB INTERNATIONAL SERVICES CORPORATION
- AL-KINGSMEN INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER SERVICES CO.
- ALJU INTERNATIONAL MANPOWER SERVICES INC.
- ALL SEASONS MANPOWER INTERNATIONAL SERVICES, INCORPORATED
- ALPHA TOMO (P) INTL MANPOWER SERVICES INC
- ALPHALINK JOB AGENCY INC.
- AMCAAJ INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT AGENCY INC
- AMEINRI OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT AGENCY INC
- AMERICAN PRIME MANPOWER SERVICES INC.
- ANDREWS MANPOWER CONSULTING INC
- ANDROME RECRUITMENT AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC.
- ANGELEX ALLIED AGENCY
- ANKOR MANAGEMENT SERVICES AND CONSULTANTS INC
- AQIUM INTERNATIONAL, INC.. FOR:ACQUIM INTL INC.
- AQUAVIR INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- ARAM ENTERPRISES INC
- ARANDREA MANPOWER SERVICES CO.
- ARMSTRONG RESOURCES CORPORATION
- ASCEND INTERNATIONAL SERVICES INC
- ASCENT SKILLS HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES INC
- ASIA SYSTEM INC.
- ASIA WORLD RECRUITMENT INC
- ASMACS RECRUITMENT SERVICES INC
To ensure a secure and legitimate experience, aspiring OFWs are advised to transact exclusively with accredited manpower agencies listed on the Department of Migrant Worker (DMW) website.
Here are five practical tips to guide you in navigating this crucial process:
- Research Extensively: Before engaging with any manpower agency, conduct thorough research. Visit the Department of Migrant Worker (DMW) website to verify the agency’s accreditation status and ensure they have actual job orders listed. Only proceed with those that are officially recognized by the government.
- Direct Verification: Don’t solely rely on online information. Take the extra step to directly verify the accreditation and job orders by contacting the DMW or visiting their office. Genuine agencies will have no issue providing you with the necessary documentation to validate their status.
- Avoid Middlemen: Be cautious of intermediaries or middlemen who claim to facilitate overseas employment. Stick to dealing directly with accredited agencies listed on the DMW website to minimize the risk of fraudulent transactions. Authorized agencies are transparent about their processes and won’t hesitate to share information.
- Attend Pre-Departure Orientations: Accredited agencies often conduct pre-departure orientations for aspiring OFWs. Attend these sessions to gather information, ask questions, and ensure you are well-informed about the entire process. Legitimate agencies are proactive in educating their clients.
- Consult with the Department of Migrant Worker (DMW): Reach out to the DMW for guidance and verification. They can provide valuable insights, confirm the legitimacy of the agency you are dealing with, and offer advice on the proper procedures for overseas employment. Utilize their resources to make informed decisions.
Remember, transparency and due diligence are your best allies when navigating the process of working abroad.
Always prioritize accredited agencies with verified job orders listed on the DMW website to safeguard your interests and ensure a secure and legitimate overseas employment experience.
Helpful Tips in Choosing the Right Agency
Choosing the right agency for overseas work is important. If you’re an aspiring OFW, here are seven practical tips to help you pick the best accredited manpower agency.
- Check Accreditation: Verify the agency’s accreditation status on the Department of Migrant Worker (DMW) website. Ensure they are officially recognized by the government, and their credentials align with the standards set for overseas employment.
- Review Job Orders: Examine the agency’s track record by checking the DMW website for their current job orders. Agencies with active listings demonstrate ongoing demand and successful placements, indicating their reliability.
- Evaluate Reputation: Research online reviews and testimonials from other OFWs who have utilized the agency’s services. A positive reputation for transparent dealings and successful placements is a strong indicator of a trustworthy agency.
- Transparency in Fees: Choose an agency that provides clear and transparent information about fees and charges. Avoid those with hidden costs, and ask for a detailed breakdown of all expenses involved in the recruitment process.
- Attend Orientation Sessions: Opt for agencies that conduct thorough pre-departure orientations. These sessions not only provide valuable information about the process but also indicate the agency’s commitment to the well-being and preparedness of their clients.
- Communication and Support: Assess the agency’s communication channels and responsiveness. A reliable agency will maintain open lines of communication, addressing your queries promptly and providing ongoing support throughout the recruitment process.
- Legal Compliance: Ensure the agency adheres to labor laws and regulations. Verify that they follow ethical recruitment practices, including fair treatment, non-discrimination, and compliance with the laws of both the Philippines and the destination country.
By considering these practical tips, aspiring OFWs can make informed decisions and embark on their international careers with confidence.
What Type of Jobs Filipinos Get Hired in UAE
Filipinos find a diverse array of job opportunities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), reflecting their skills and expertise across various sectors.
Here are some common types of jobs that Filipinos often secure in the UAE:
- Healthcare Professionals: Filipino nurses and healthcare workers are in high demand in the UAE’s flourishing healthcare sector. They work in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities, contributing to the country’s robust healthcare system.
- Engineering and Construction: Filipinos with engineering backgrounds often find opportunities in the UAE’s construction and infrastructure development projects. From civil engineering to architectural design, skilled Filipino professionals play a vital role in shaping the UAE’s urban landscape.
- Information Technology (IT): The UAE’s rapidly advancing technology sector attracts Filipino IT professionals. From software development to network administration, Filipinos contribute their expertise to support the country’s digital transformation.
- Hospitality and Tourism: Given the UAE’s status as a global travel destination, Filipinos often secure jobs in the hospitality and tourism industry. From hotel staff to tour guides, their warm hospitality and excellent customer service skills are highly valued.
- Domestic Workers: Many Filipino domestic workers find employment in UAE households, providing services such as housekeeping, childcare, and elderly care. This sector is regulated to ensure fair labor practices and the well-being of domestic workers.
- Retail and Sales: Filipinos often work in the retail sector, especially in popular shopping destinations like Dubai. From sales associates to customer service representatives, their friendly and service-oriented approach contributes to the retail industry’s success.
- Teaching and Education: Filipino educators are sought after in the UAE’s education sector. They teach various subjects in schools and universities, contributing to the country’s commitment to providing quality education.
- Finance and Accounting: With the UAE being a hub for finance and business, Filipinos with backgrounds in finance and accounting secure positions in banks, financial institutions, and multinational corporations.
These examples showcase the versatility of Filipino workers in contributing to the growth and development of the UAE across different industries.
In conclusion, the job prospects for aspiring OFWs in the UAE are undeniably promising, spanning across a spectrum of industries from healthcare to engineering, hospitality, and technology.
Filipinos continue to play a crucial role in the country’s development and growth, contributing their skills, dedication, and warm hospitality.
As you embark on this exciting journey, here’s a final burst of helpful tips to maximize your success:
- Skill Alignment: Ensure your skills and qualifications align with the demand in the UAE job market. Tailor your application to positions where your expertise can shine.
- Cultural Awareness: Familiarize yourself with the local culture and workplace practices. Understanding and respecting cultural nuances will enhance your professional interactions and integration into the UAE community.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated on industry trends and advancements in your field. The UAE values professionals who are committed to continuous learning and development.
- Network Strategically: Build a professional network both online and offline. Attend industry events, connect with fellow Filipinos, and leverage social media platforms to expand your professional circle.
- Financial Planning: Before making the move, create a solid financial plan. Understand the cost of living in the UAE, factor in potential expenses, and ensure you have a budget to sustain yourself during the initial phases.
Armed with these insights and tips, you’re well-equipped to make informed decisions and carve out a successful career in the UAE.
Best of luck on your journey, and may your experience as an OFW be both rewarding and fulfilling!