Building Better Lives Manpower Services International, Inc. is a land based recruitment agency duly licensed by the (POEA) Philippine Overseas Employment Administration and Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) specializing in the career placement of Filipino professionals and skilled workers for overseas employment.
They are solely dedicated to reliably sourcing and supplying needed non-skilled, skilled, technical and professional manpower worldwide. The Headquarter is strategically located in the Commercial Business District in the City of Makati. Through a course of planned growth, BBL will be expanding its operations in the Middle East, Europe and Asia for its global market.
They pursue a policy of sourcing directly the required manpower and working closely with its Client; thus, solidifying the relationship and adding portfolio of long term business relationship
This agency is the latest company of its officers who have a combined cumulative experience of over 30 years in the recruitment and placement industry; a TEAM of practicing lawyer, an engineer and business administration specialist back by highly professional staff will make BBL continue to earn its reputation in the global market.
They provide manpower to its customer base consisting of ultimate Clientele, pursuing the same philosophy of getting the same services. We are currently providing skilled and technical manpower requirement for U.S. based construction companies in U.S. Trust territories, the Middle East and Asia.
As of August 18, 2022 Building Better Lives Manpower Services International, Inc. is currently looking for competent applicants with the following job description and qualifications until September 6, 2022:
- Vacancies: 10
- Salary per month: BHD 140 – 170 (Php 20,623 – 25,048)
- Job Description:
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Welcomes customers when they arrive at a restaurant, cafe, or other eating or drinking establishment
- Introduces customers to the menu and announces daily or seasonal menu specials
- Answers questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes customers’ orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket, entering them into a tablet, or memorizing them
- Passes customer orders along to kitchen staff for preparation
- Prepares drinks and serves them to customers
- Collects food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serves them to customers
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with their meals and processes orders for additional courses if necessary
- Removes used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables
- Prepares cheques and delivers them to customers
- Processes cash and credit card payments and returns change to customers if necessary
- Sets tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments
- Maintains familiarity with menu items, specials, and restaurant information
- Meets with managers and wait staff daily or regularly in order to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming reservations and customers with special needs
- Job Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 year(s) of working experience is required.
- No minimum educational attainment is required for this position.
- Male applicants are preferred for this role.
- Must be 5’6 in height and with pleasing personality
Principal / Employer: Al Ghalia Will
Principal / Employer Address: Po Box. 54123 Adliya Kingdom of Bahrain
Placement: Please be reminded that as per POEA regulations, the placement fee is up to a maximum of one (1) month’s salary.
For manpower pooling only. No Placement in any form and/or purpose will be collected from the applicants. Beware of illegal recruiters and human traffickers.
How to Apply:
For interested applicants please click the link to apply: https://bit.ly/3pb8mGV and be sure to upload your updated CV or resume.
For further information, you may contact the recruitment agency at telephone number 8323212; 7289211; 09295469607; 09097952369; (02)-8-5247809 or submit your application via email so the recruiter can contact you for further instructions. Walk in applicants can also visit the agency to submit their CV for immediate screening. The office of Building Better Lives Manpower Services International, Inc. is located at Mezzanine Floor, 779 Filben Bldg., J.P. Rizal St., Poblacion, Makati City, Philippines.
Source: Work Abroad