The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) (Filipino: Sandatahang Lakas ng Pilipinas) are the military forces of the Philippines. It consists of three main service branches; the Army, the Air Force, and the Navy (including the Marine Corps). The President of the Philippines is the Commander-in-Chief of the AFP and forms military policy with the Department of National Defense, an executive department acting as the principal organ by which military policy is carried out, while the Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines serves as the overall commander and the highest-ranking officer in the AFP. The Philippine Coast Guard also serves as an attached service of the AFP in wartime. Military service is entirely voluntary. The AFP is responsible for upholding the sovereignty, supporting the Constitution, and defending the territory of the Republic of the Philippines against all enemies foreign and domestic; advancing the national aims, interest and policies; and planning the organization, maintenance, development, and deployment of its regular and citizen armed force for National Security. The Chief of Staff, AFP (CSAFP), under the authority and direction of the Secretary of National Defense (SND) and the President, is responsible for the execution of National Defense Programs and armed forces missions; and prescribe the organization, powers, duties, and functions of the various AFP staffs, services and offices in accordance with the policies of the SND.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Medical Service is charged with the mission of conserving the fighting strength of the AFP and to effectively manage medical service resources through the application of diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, restorative, and preventive medicine in maintaining the health and well being of the military personnel and their dependents.
As per Republic Act No. 203 or An Act to Amend Subsection of Section Twenty-Five of Commonwealth Act Numbered One, as Amended, by Establishing the Nurse Corps in the Medical Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, “The Medical Service shall consist of the Medical Corps, the Dental Corps, the Veterinary Corps, the Nurse Corps, the Medical Administrative Corps and such other corps as may be created by the President. It shall be charged with all matters pertaining to the physical examination, health and sanitation of personnel and animals of the army. The same pay, allowances, rights and privileges shall be granted to the members of the Nurse Corps as are given to the members of the other corps in the Medical Service.”
Medical Corps, AFP is in charge of taking over all the administrative and allied health aspects of the AFP Medical Services. It is tasked as a lead component in providing effective and efficient medical and health services to all military personnel, dependents, and authorized civilians. Medical Corps, AFP aims to provide sustained health services in support to the full spectrum of the AFP’s missions, to enable organizational and individual readiness, to conserve the fighting strength of the tactical units, and to provide health care services to eligible AFP beneficiaries.
Interestingly, the Armed Forces of the Philippines is looking for Medical Personnel to join the Medical Corps.
Graduates of the following Courses
- Rehabilitation Science
- BS in Physical Therapy
- BS in Occupational Therapy
- BS in Sports Science
- BS in Speech Pathology
- BS in Respiratory Therapy
- BS in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Laboratory Medicine and Biomedical Science:
- BS in Medical Technology
- BS in Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Imaging Science
- BS in Radiologic Technology
- BS in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Social Science
- BS in Psychology
- BS in Social Work
- BS in Sociology
- Physical Science
- BS in Biochemistry
- BS in Applied Physics with concentration in Health Physics
- Food and Nutritional Science
- BS in Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS in Food Service Administration
- Healthcare Management and Administration
- Bachelor of Health Informatics
- BSBA in Hospital and Home Healthcare Management
- BS in Community Health Management
- BS in Public Health
- BS in Health Service Administration
- BS in Optometry
- BS in Pharmacy
- BS in Sanitary Engineering
- BS in Environmental Engineering Q
- BS in Biology
- Other health-allied related courses
- At least one (1) year experience of his/her profession
- Height: at least 5 ft
- Must be 21 to 24 years old
- PRC/ Career Service Professional Exam Passer
Benefits and Privileges
- Initial rank as Probationary Second Lieutenant (P2LT)
- Ordered To Duty (OTD) with a rank of Second Lieutenant (2LT)(equivalent to between Govt SG 18 and 19)
- Military Career Development Programs (both Local and Foreign)
- Free Hospitalization (including dependents) Retirement Package
- Optional Retirement: After 20 years of continuous active military service
Initial Requirements for Application in the Medical Administrative Corps CY 2022
- PRC/Career Service Professional Exam Passer
- AFPSAT Passer
- Applicants aged 21-28 years old.
- Height – not less than 5’0” FEET (152.4cm) (both male and female). No Height Waiver.
- At least one (1) year practice of profession
- Natural-born Filipino Citizen
- Of good moral character
- Physically, mentally, physiologically fit for active military service
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION (Follow this Lettering for Table of Contents)
- Letter of Intent (LOI) addressed to:
CAPT RAMILO B TRINIDAD PN (GSC)
Chairperson, TAS Procurement and Selection Board (TASPSB)
- Post Card 3R Size Picture (whole body) with two (2) pcs 2×2 ID picture (corporate attire and white background). All Photos in one Sheet
- Original/Certified True Copy. Photocopies not accepted.
- College Diploma
- Transcript of Records (TOR)
- Final GWA Grade/Score
- Original Copy of PSA Birth Certificate. Photocopies not accepted.
- *Physical and Medical Examination Report (Issued by the AFP Medical-Dental Board Nr 1) with P1 Profile. Leave blank upon submission
- Original/Certified True Copy of Board Exam or Civil Service Eligibility (for graduate courses that do not have a PRC Board exam). PRC Certificate of Registration and Board Rating(Grades per Subject). Photocopies not accepted.
- Statement of Service (for active military personnel)
- Certificate of Employment (at least 1 year of experience). OJT and Internship not counted. All work experience after taking the board exams are the only ones counted.
- Local Clearances
- Barangay Clearance
- National Police Clearance (National Level)
- NBI Clearance
- Municipal Trial Court (MTC) Clearance
- Regional Trial Court (RTC) Clearance
- *Physical Fitness Test (PFT) Result conducted by Office of the Special Service (OSPS). Leave Blank
- Notarized Affidavit of Undertaking. See attached link: affidavit of undertaking.pdf
- AFPSAT Result (Individual Report Form) – Must have a grade of A or B. All AFPSAT results within 3 years are valid.
NOTE: Items with * are not yet required upon submission.
- Expanded RED Long Folder.
- To be pasted on the front part of the folder, on two (2) separate small sheets of paper:
APPLICATION FOR P2LT
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE CORPS
JUAN DELA CRUZ BS SPORTS SCIENCE
0912 436 9857
AUGUST 2022 (Month of Submission)
- Table of Contents (see above list), Provide Another Sheet.
- Font Style: Arial, All Caps
- Tabbings (attached at the right side of a different paper, before the official document)
- Items E, I, J must still be attached even though it is blank
- Fastener (top part)
You can submit your folders at the Office of the Chief MAC, OTSG, 2F Bulwagang Valdez, Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, QC (Mondays to Fridays, 8:00AM to 5:00PM)
- Must Have AFPSAT (required) before submitting documents. You may opt to submit your folder without AFPSAT and we will request a schedule for your examination (by schedule, to be announced).
- You may have yourself scheduled with the nearest military camp offering AFPSAT Examination
- AFPSAT exam Grade must be A or B, and; is valid for 3 years.
- Please be reminded that applicants aged 29 and above will not be accepted.
- Strictly one (1) year professional work experience is required. This is work credited after taking the board exam. Internship and OJT before graduation/board exam are not accepted.
- No age and height waiver (must be five (5) feet/152.4cm in height).
- Must be single and have never borne/sired a child.
- Must have 20/20 vision (may opt for laser surgery).
- Must be allied health courses, except Nursing, Doctor of Medicine, Dentistry, and Veterinary Medicine (these have their own Corps – Medical Corps for Doctors, Veterinary Corps for Vet Med, Dental Service for Dentists, and Nurse Corps for Nurses).
- There is no deadline, but this is on a first come first serve basis.
- Documents must be submitted to our Office physically. Mondays to Fridays, excluding Holidays, 8AM to 5PM only.
- Make sure your documents are fastened to the red folder, not stapled nor merely inserted.
- Only folders with complete documents will be accepted.
- Affidavit of undertaking must be notarized
- Clarifications for the documents: Tabbings C: TOR, Diploma, and Certificate of Final GWA (must be certified true copies by school), Tabbings F: Certificate of Registration and Board Rating (must be certified true copies by PRC)
- Attire when submitting/going to the Office: White Poloshirt, tucked-in in jeans/denim pants, rubber shoes. Ladies must tie their hair in bun.
- See link for complete details:
- See link for documentary requirements:
email them at email@example.com
+63 2 8911 6001 local 6716
or visit at the Office of the Surgeon General, 2F Bulwagang Valdez, Camp Emilio Aguinaldo, QC
Visit their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MedAdminCorps/