The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) approved the recruitment of 17,314 Patrolmen and Patrolwomen to replenish personnel losses, increase personnel strength, enhance police visibility, and improve police-to-population ratio and peace and order condition in the operational areas covered by the respective Police Regional Offices (PROs) and National Support Units (NSUs).
The NAPOLCOM En Banc, headed by Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary and NAPOLCOM Chairman Eduardo M. Año, issued Resolution No. 2021-0475, dated April 27, 2021, approving the CY 2021 Regular and Attrition Recruitment Program of the Philippine National Police (PNP).
NAPOLCOM Vice Chairman and Executive Officer Vitaliano N. Aguirre II said that the 1,000 regular recruitment quota shall be allotted to the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) in the 1st recruitment cycle to improve the police-to-population ratio in the region, address personnel losses due to localization program, and satisfy the personnel requirement of the Office.
“The 16,314 attrition recruitment quota, on the other hand, is intended to replace uniformed personnel losses due to separation from the service (retirement, designation, death, dismissal from the service, absence without leave),” Aguirre said.
The attrition recruitment quota for the PROs for the 1st and 2nd cycles shall be distributed, as follows: PRO1- 350; PRO2- 400; PRO3- 750; PRO4A- 750; PRO4B- 450; PRO5- 850; PRO6- 100; PRO7- 650; PRO8- 1,200; PRO9- 100; PRO10- 150; PRO11- 100; PRO12- 100; PRO13- 100; PRO COR- 100; PRO BAR- 1,700; and, NCRPO- 5,000;
For the NSUs, following is the allotment of the attrition recruitment quota for the 1st and 2nd cycles: Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)- 200; Communications and Electronics Service (CES)- 350; Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- 200; Crime Laboratory (CL)- 500; Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Canine Group (EOD/K9) – 100; Health Service (HS)- 500; Headquarters Support Service (HSS)- 150; Intelligence Group (IG)- 100; Legal Service (LS)- 100; Maritime Group (MG)- 1,000; National Police Training Institute (NPTI)- 250; PNP Drug Enforcement Group (PNP DEG)- 514; PNP Retirement and Benefits Administration Service (PRBS)- 100; Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG)- 150; Special Action Force (SAF)- 100; and PNP Training Service (PNPTS)- 150.
Vice Chairman Aguirre said that Chiefs of PNP Offices/Units and members of the Screening and Selection Committee, including the head and members of the Secretariat, are required to strictly follow the existing rules and regulations on the recruitment, selection and appointment of Patrolman and Patrolwoman as well as the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Omnibus Guidelines in the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines; otherwise, they would be subjected to administrative sanctions.
Salary of new policeman in 2021?
Successful applicant will have a monthly salary of P29,668.00, aside from other allowances and benefits. This is the salary of the initial rank in PNP, formerly called PO1, now referred as Police Patrolman/ Patrolwoman.
How to apply for PNP Patrolman/Patrolwoman?
Interested applicants may apply online through Philippine National Police Recruitment and Selection Service Online Portal. For Patrolman/Patrolwoman, here are the basic requirements posted in their portal (may change without prior notice).
- A citizen of the Philippines
- A person of good moral character
- Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug and physical tests to be administered by the PNP
- Must possess a formal baccalaureate degree from a recognized learning institution;
- Must be eligible:
- PNP Entrance (NAPOLCOM)
- RA No. 1080 (Bar and Board Examinations)
- PD No. 907 (CS eligibility to College Honor Graduates)
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude
- Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62m) in height for male and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m)
- Must weight not more or less than five kilograms (5kg) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her weight, age, and sex
- Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age
Required Documents for filing of application:
- Civil Service Personal Data Sheet (Revised 2005)
- PSA-authenticated Birth Certificate
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility
- 2 pcs. 2×2 black and white picture with name tag, 1 bust-size picture, and 1 whole body picture
- Authenticated Transcript of Records/Diploma
- Local clearnces such as Barangay, Police, RTC/MTC and NBI
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Issued by College/University)
- Two (2) valid identification cards
Should you have concerns about the 2021 NAPOLCOM hiring, you may reach them at the following contacts:
Address: NAPOLCOM Building, Edsa Quezon Ave Footbridge, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Contact Number: (02) 8896 4528
Source: National Police Commission