The Bureau of Local Government Finance (BLGF) is a government agency in the Philippines that serves as the regulatory and supervisory arm of the local government finance system. It was created in 1987 through Executive Order No. 123, and is under the supervision of the Department of Finance (DOF).
The BLGF’s primary mandate is to promote fiscal autonomy and accountability among local government units (LGUs), and to ensure that they have the resources and capacity to provide basic services to their constituents. This is achieved through various programs and initiatives such as capacity building, technical assistance, and revenue generation.
One of the key functions of the BLGF is the assessment and collection of real property taxes, which is a major source of revenue for LGUs. The BLGF is responsible for ensuring that LGUs comply with the Real Property Tax Code, which governs the assessment and collection of real property taxes, and for providing technical assistance to LGUs in this regard. The BLGF also provides guidelines and standards for the preparation and submission of financial reports by LGUs, and ensures compliance with these standards through regular monitoring and evaluation.
In addition to its regulatory and supervisory functions, the BLGF also plays a key role in the implementation of national policies and programs that have a direct impact on local government finance. It serves as the conduit between the DOF and LGUs, and facilitates the transfer of funds and other forms of financial assistance from the national government to the local level. This is particularly important in ensuring that LGUs have the resources and capacity to provide basic services to their constituents, especially in times of emergencies such as natural disasters or pandemics.
To achieve its mandate, the BLGF employs a range of strategies and initiatives aimed at enhancing the capacity of LGUs to manage their finances effectively. These include capacity-building programs such as training and skills development, technical assistance and advisory services, and the provision of information and communication technologies (ICT) tools and platforms.
The BLGF also works closely with LGUs in generating additional revenue streams to supplement their budgets. This includes the development of innovative revenue-generating strategies such as public-private partnerships (PPP), local enterprise development, and tourism promotion, among others.
Moreover, the BLGF places a premium on good governance and transparency, and is committed to promoting accountability and ethical behavior among LGUs. The agency promotes the use of performance-based management systems, and provides technical assistance to LGUs in developing and implementing these systems. It also conducts regular audits and monitoring of LGUs to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements and to identify areas for improvement.
In terms of its organizational structure, the BLGF is headed by a Director who is appointed by the President of the Philippines. The Director is assisted by two Deputy Directors, one for Operations and the other for Policy and Planning, as well as several division chiefs and support staff.
Overall, the BLGF is an essential institution that helps to ensure the financial stability and sustainability of local governments in the Philippines. Its work is critical in promoting good governance, transparency, and accountability, and in enabling LGUs to provide quality public services to their constituents.
BLGF Vacant Positions
The Bureau of Local Government Finance (BLGF) has the following summarized vacant positions, and the PDF attachment contains more detailed information:
- Four (4) Administrative Assistant I (SG7/ Php 18,620 Monthly Salary)
- Three (3) Administrative Aide III (SG3/ Php 14,678 Monthly Salary)
- Three (3) Administrative Officer V (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Administrative Officer IV (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Computer Programmer II (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Statistician I (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Property Appraiser III (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- Four (4) Local Assessment Operations Officer II (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Property Appraiser II (SG15/ Php 36,619 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Project Evaluation Officer I (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- Four (4) Local Assessment Operations Officer I (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- Four (4) Financial Analyst I (SG11/ Php 27,000 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Local Treasury Operations Officer IV (SG22/ Php 71,511 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Financial Analyst III (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Local Assessment Operations Officer III (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Local Treasury Operations Officer III (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Special Investigator III (SG18/ Php 46,725 Monthly Salary)
- Two (2) Administrative Assistant III (SG9/ Php 21,211 Monthly Salary)
- One (1) Administrative Officer I (SG10/ Php 23,176 Monthly Salary)
Interested and qualified applicants should signify their interest in writing. Attach the following documents to the application letter and send to the address below not later than March 13, 2023.
- Signed Application Letter (specifying the Position Title and Item Number applied for and its date of publication)
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017) with Work Experience Sheet (WES). PDS must include recent passport-sized picture.
- Performance rating in the last rating period (if applicable);
- Copy of the Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility/Rating/License; and
- Copy of the Authenticated Transcript of Records.
Reminder: Each file for upload should not exceed 1MB, otherwise will not be accepted by the system.
How to Apply
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS are advised to address their application and upload it together with the supporting documents to:
MA. PAMELA P. QUIZON OIC Executive Director Bureau of Local Government Finance 8th Floor, EDPC Bldg., BSP Complex Roxas Boulevard, 1004 Manila
APPLICATION WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
The BLGF encourages all interested and qualified individuals, including persons with disability (PWD), members of the indigenous communities, and those from any sexual orientation, gender and identity expression, and sex characteristics (SOGIESC), to apply.
The Bureau of Local Government Finance (BLGF) is inviting all interested and qualified applicants to join their dynamic team in promoting fiscal autonomy and accountability among local government units (LGUs) in the Philippines. As a government agency under the Department of Finance, BLGF offers various benefits to its employees, including competitive compensation packages, opportunities for career growth and development, and a conducive work environment that values teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
Working at BLGF also provides an opportunity to contribute to the development of the country by ensuring the financial stability and sustainability of LGUs, which are essential in providing basic services to their constituents. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the available positions and be part of this noble mission.
Join the BLGF team and make a positive impact on the lives of millions of Filipinos through sound fiscal management and good governance at the local level. Apply now and be part of a fulfilling and rewarding career in public service.