Do you want to make a difference as a Filipino student of Basic and Applied Sciences? Join the BPI-DOST Innovation Awards and share your innovative projects that will aid in the resolution of socioeconomic issues in our society.
The BPI Foundation (BPIF) recognizes the importance of Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) in nation-building. The BPI–DOST Innovation Awards, a special project under BPIF’s sustainable positive change advocacy and in collaboration with the Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI), is a competition that challenges bright Filipino students of Basic and Applied Sciences to actively participate in resolving community problems.
Ten teams will receive Php25,000 each. Out of the Top 10, three teams with the most outstanding projects shall receive the BPI-DOST Innovation Award and a cash prize of Php100,000 each.
- This competition is open to all Filipino junior and senior (3rd – 5th year) college students of Basic and Applied sciences who are regular enrollees within the program period.
- The participants should meet all minimum requirements of the course and should not have any failing grade.
- The students must not have any negative school record. This means they are not subject to any disciplinary or administrative action.
- One (1) team composed of three (3) students shall represent the school. The school shall endorse the team using the template provided by BPIF.
- The project must not have been submitted to any competition or presented to any external party. For this purpose, the team shall submit a declaration using the template provided by BPIF.
- Fully accomplished BPI-DOST Awards Contestant form
- Fully accomplished BPI-DOST Contestant Questionnaire
- Fully accomplished BPI-DOST Science Awards Alumni list
- A duly signed certification by the College Secretary or College Registrar verifying that the awardees are bonafide students of the University and is majoring in any one of the priority science fields. This is in keeping with Qualification Criteria Nos. 1 & 2.
- A duly signed certification by the Dean of Student Affairs/School Guidance Counselor verifying that the student has not been subjected to disciplinary action, administrative charges, suspension or conduct unbecoming of a college student. This will ensure that the student qualifies in criteria No. 3.
- A certified true copy of grades as evidence for the criterion on academic performance. The awards and selection committee at the school level will calculate grade point average and determine if there are any failing grades.
- 3-minute Audio-Visual Documentation. The video should answer the following:
- Name, Degree Program, University
- What is the problem you’re trying to solve?
- What is your proposed innovation for this problem?
- Tells us a trivia or something that is unique about your study.
- What are your hobbies/talents aside from science or tech?
The video must show snippets of the school, the contestants in the middle of an experiment, and snippets of the contestants doing fun/extra-curricular activities. Please ensure that the sound quality and lighting quality is of good standards.
1. Each school shall submit only one (1) proposal.
2. Upload all forms and AVPs to a Google Drive folder with the following format: “NameofSchool_BPIDOSTInnovationAwards2021”. All necessary documents related to the competition shall be uploaded here.
3. Provide access to the Secretariat of the Innovation Awards and submit on or before February 28, 2022.
List of DOST-SEI Consortium College/Universities
- Ateneo de Manila University
- Batangas State University
- Bicol University
- Central Luzon State University
- Central Mindanao University
- Cebu Normal University
- De La Salle University
- Leyte Normal University
- Mapua University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology
- Mindanao State University-Marawi City
- Nueva Vizcaya State University
- Philippine Normal University
- Philippine Women’s University
- St. Louis University
- St. Luke’s College of Medicine
- St. Mary’s University
- University of San Carlos
- University of Santo Tomas
- University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines Cagayan de Oro City
- University of Southeastern Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Baguio
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of the Philippines – Los Baños
- University of the Philippines – Manila
- University of the Philippines – Open University
- University of the Philippines – Visayas
- Visayas State University
- West Visayas State University
- Western Mindanao State University
Interested students may coordinate with their respective college/university dean. All submissions will be coursed through the school.
For any questions or concerns, you may contact us at (02) 5800306 or send an email to the Secretariat of the Innovation Awards: Ms. Melanie Magbuhos (email@example.com) and Ms. Patricia Joy Ongkiko (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Source: BPI Foundation