CHED Tulong-Agri Program (TAP) is now open for AY 2021-2022

Last Updated:

The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) had released CHED MEMORANDUM ORDER (CMO) No. 24, series of 2021 as a guideline for the implementation of the Tulong-Agri Program (TAP).

The Tulong-Agri Program (TAP) shall be accessible to qualified and deserving Filipino students who will or are enrolled in degree programs related to agriculture, fisheries, forestry, food technology, and veterinary medicine education, as well as other related agricultural and fisheries education, including the hybrid programs, in private higher education institutions (PHEIs), state universities and colleges (SUCs) or local universities and colleges (LUCs).

CHED Tulong-Agri Program’s Priority Courses are as follows:

  • Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
  • Bachelor of Science in Fisheries
  • Bachelor of Science in Forestry
  • BS Food Technology
  • Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Education
  • BS Agribusines
  • Bachelor in Agricultural Technology
  • Bachelor in Dairy Technology
  • Bachelor in Sugar Technology
  • Bachelor in Agriculture and Biosystems Engineering
  • Bachelor of Science in Environment Science.

Important Dates to Remember

Start of Online Application PeriodNovember 5, 2021
Deadline for Filing of ApplicationNovember 12, 2021


The financial assistance under TAP includes tuition and other school fees (TOSF) for grantees, stipend, and book allowance. The breakdown of financial assistance per academic year, are as follows:

TOSFPhp 20,000
Stipend (Php 2,500 per month)Php 25,000
Book Allowance (PHP 200.00 per month)Php 2,000
Total financial assistance per academic yearPhp 47,000
For qualified grantees who are enrolled in SUCs/LUCs covered by the benefits of Free Higher Education (FHE) under RA 10931, the TOSF will not be included in the benefits.

Eligibility Requirements

  1. Filipino citizen;
  2. Graduating senior high school student/High school graduate/with earned units in college; with general weighted average (GWA) of 75% or its equivalent and who will enroll or currently enrolled in the areas of agriculture, fisheries, forestry, food technology, veterinary medicine education, and other related agricultural and fisheries education including hybrid programs in PHEIs, SUCs or LUCs with Certificated of Program Compliance (COPC);
  3. Combined annual gross income of parents/guardian which does not to exceed Four Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 400,000.00). In cases where the income exceeds Php 400,000.00, the applicant must present a written certification or medical findings of illness of a family member, or two or more dependents enrolled in college;
  4. Student-applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as the Underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8972, Senior Citizens under RA 9994; and Indigenous Peoples under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identifications Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies; and
  5. Not a recipient of any government funded financial assistance program.

Documentary Requirements

  1. Citizenship
    • Duly certified true copy of Birth Certificate
  2. Academic Requirements:
    • High School/Senior High School report card for incoming first year students eligible for college
    • Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating senior high school students
    • Duly certified true copy of grades for the latest semester or term attended for college students with earned units
  3. Financial – any one of the following:
    • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian
    • Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
    • Certificate of Indigence, either from the Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
    • Case Study report from DSWD
    • Latest copy of contract or proof of income for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers

How to Apply?

If you are qualified, accomplish the CHED TAP Application Form Online. Note that incomplete requirements will not be included in the official rank-list.

Applicants may access the online application form through the assigned portal link of CHED Regional Office. Contact the CHED Regional Office in your area if it is not included below.

Additional Information

Apply to your CHEDRO Concerned:

  • For first year applicants, application must be submitted to the CHEDRO where the school he/she graduated from is located.
  • For college students with earned units, submit application to the CHEDRO where the current HEI is located.
Source: Commission on Higher Education