PUP student dies in QC Fire after trying to save her Laptop and school documents

Last Updated:

On Tuesday, Nov. 2, a Polytechnic University of the Philippines graduating student died and three others were injured in a fire that burned a house in Barangay San Agustin, Novaliches, Quezon City.

Melanie Trinidad, 21, was confirmed as the fatality by the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP).

The victim’s grandmother and two other relatives were burned in the second degree and received rapid medical assistance.

According to a DZRH report, the victim’s grandmother, Luzviminda Trinidad, 47, stated that Melanie was trapped after she hurried inside the blazing house to fetch a laptop she used for studying.

At roughly 2:05 a.m., the fire reached the first alarm. At 2:37 a.m., it was declared under control.

The blaze was suppressed at 3:06 a.m., according to Senior Inspector Rowena Mamangun of the Quezon City Fire Department.

Authorities are currently looking into the source of the fire, which apparently erupted from the house’s ceiling.

According to the fire department, property damage was estimated to be over P750,000.