Heads up incoming freshmen! The University of the Philippines (UP) announced on Monday, October 25 on its Facebook Page that applicants of the University of the Philippines College Application (UPCA) may now submit their application for the AY 2022-2023 college admission.
The University of the Philippines (UP) is the country’s national university. Established in 1908, this premier institution of higher learning is now a university system composed of eight constituent universities located in 17 campuses all over the archipelago of the Philippines. The Commission on Higher Education in 2012 declared 24 units of the university as Centers of Excellence; while 6 units have been declared as Centers of Development. Being a premier State University, it offers a wide range of degree programs to all its campuses. However, some degree programs are offered in only one campus (e.g., BS Nursing, BA Filipino) while others are offered in two or more campuses (e.g., B Fine Arts, BS Statistics).
The University has had to limit slots for freshman admission to each campus and to its various degree programs. This is to maintain its high standard of education and to maximize its limited resources. And to implement the policy of democratization to make the U.P. studentry more representative of the nation’s population, socio-economic and geographic considerations are factored in the selection of campus qualifiers.
Admission into the University
A. UP College Admissions – Choice of Campus and Degree Program
SELECTION for a Campus
Due to high demand, the admission into UP is very selective. Applicants who came from a very diverse backgrounds are all ranked based on indicators of academic preparedness for university life.
- Selection for admission to a campus is based on the applicant’s rank, campus quota and/or cut-off grade.
- A successful applicant can receive an offer of admission to only one of the applicant’s UP campus choices.
SELECTION for a Degree Program
Applicants will be ranked according to grade predictors and quotas of their chosen degree programs. Some degree programs are more competitive than the other due to high demand.
- Applicants should choose only degree programs they are interested in. If an applicant is not successful for his/her first choice of campus, the process continues in order of priority of the remaining choices.
- Applicants who are selected for a given campus but have not been selected for any of their chosen degree programs in that campus will be assisted by the Office of the University Registrar to choose a degree program with available slots.
If your application to any of your campus choices is not successful, you may appeal for admission to a degree program in another UP campus if your admission score is within the campus’ cut-off grade, and the program has available slots.
- Some campuses are not open to appeals. Please check the different campus websites to find out which campuses are open to appeals.
- Each campus may have additional criteria in processing appeals.
B. THE ISKOLAR NG BAYAN PROGRAM
As provided by the Iskolar ng Bayan Law of 2014, you may apply for freshman automatic admission for SY 2022-2023 if you are a Filipino public high school graduate in the Top Ten of your graduating class. Note that the law also requires that you comply with other admission requirements of the university and enroll in a UP Campus that is in the same region as your high school.
- You are entitled to free tuition and other school fees for the first year of college.
- Application forms for the Iskolar ng Bayan program may be obtained from the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) or Office of Scholarships and Grants (OSG) of the campus you wish to enroll in.
- There are limited slots per campus for the Iskolar ng Bayan Program.
C. INTERNATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Foreign OR Filipino applicants who have graduated or are graduating from a secondary school abroad example are international applicants and have not enrolled in college before SY 2022-2023 may be admitted as freshmen by automatic admission, provided they meet other admission requirements, including qualifications for college admission by national or international foreign-administered examinations. For details please see the information below and visit https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph.
D. TRANSFER ADMISSIONS (NOT FOR FRESHMEN)
UP also accepts students from other universities after earning 33 academic units in another school with a weighted average of 2.00 or better on the UP marking system. Information regarding transfer procedures to UP may be obtained from the Office of the University Registrar of the respective UP campuses.
To minimize exposure to the coronavirus, all forms shall be submitted online. Applicants shall accomplish: (a) Form 1 (Personal Data Sheet) and (b) Form 2B (High School Record) electronically and upload their photo and electronic signature. Applicants are encourage to fill out information as completely as they can to enable the University to conduct better analyses of data. High Schools shall be requested to (i) log on to the School Profile link to accomplish Form 2A (High School Profile) to inform and/or update the university on the most recent school information relevant to the application, and (ii) submit to UP a certified copy of the applicant’s Student Permanent Record/Form137/SF10, signed by the authorized school representative and enclosed in a sealed envelope.
Minimum Requirements for UPCA 2022
- Senior high school student expecting to graduate before SY 2022-2023 from a DepEd-accredited high school or an accredited secondary school abroad; OR
- Graduate of a DepEd-accredited high school or accredited secondary school abroad; AND
- Must have final grades for Grade 8, 9, 10 and Grade 11;
- Must not have taken any college subject/s;
- Must not have taken the UP College Admission Test in the AY 2020-2021 intake or earlier; AND
- Must not have applied and completed the UP College Application for the AY 2021-2022 intake.
Dates to Remember
|Start of Online Application Period||October 25, 2021|
|Deadline for Filing of Application||November 30, 2021|
Prepare all the required documents before filing your application. After completing Form 1 in the Online Portal and clicking on ‘Save Draft’, a request will be sent to your high school to provide you with a copy of your school record either in digital or hardcopy. A copy will also be provided to UP by your high school. Applicants are encouraged to follow up this request to expedite your application. Upon receipt, use this document as reference in filling out Form 2B in the same portal.
|CATEGORY OF APPLICANT||REQUIRED DOCUMENTS|
|Fully accomplished Forms:|
|All Applicants||1. Form 1 Personal Data Sheet (filled out by applicant)|
2. Form 2A (filled out by high school)
3. Form 2B High School Record (filled out by applicant)
4. A certified true copy of the Permanent Secondary School Record (F137/SF10) signed in wet signature of the authorized school personnel should be submitted to the UP Office of Admissions
|IF High school graduate||High school diploma|
|IF Graduating in 2022 from a local HS||DepEd Certificate of Recognition or Permit to Operate|
|ONLY IF Transferee (i.e. has taken subjects from another high school)||Certified clear photocopy of the Permanent Secondary School Record (F137/SF10) from other school with all the grades earned therein|
|For Foreign Applicants Only||Proof of payment of application processing fee|
Steps on How to Apply
|STEP 1||Fill out the application form (Manual application will only be available in selected regional areas)|
|STEP 2||The online portal shall automatically forward a request to your high school principal/school head to fill out Form 2A (High School Profile)|
|STEP 3||FOR NON-FILIPINO APPLICANTS ONLY: Pay the application fee|
|STEP 4||Check if the completed Forms 1 and 2B are uploaded in the Online Portal|
|For STEP 1:|
|For ONLINE application: Go to https://upadmissionsonline.up.edu.ph.|
* You will need a valid email address for logging on to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results. Applicants are encourage to use of a personal email address (not school-related email address) to facilitate application.
* We strongly encourage the use of secured e-mail accounts preferably with two-step verification to better protect your right to data privacy.
* Do not create multiple accounts as these will cause much delay in accessing your application forms.
* You are required to read the UP Privacy Notice for Applicants for Freshmen Admissions Academic Year 2022-2023 before creating your account and filling out Form 1 and Form 2B.
* Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
* Fill out Form 1 and Form 2B completely and accurately.
NOTE: DO NOT FORGET YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND POSSWORD!
|FOR STEP 4:|
|Visit https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph regularly for announcements and updates regarding your application for admission.|
You must also check with your school if a copy of your school record has been sent to UP. Non-submission will render your application incomplete.
For the announcements of application results, visit the UP website https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph. Note that you should remember your email and password because you will be needing it to view your application. If you qualify for admission to UP, follow and register according to the instructions provided by the college or unit to which you have been accepted.
For more information on the UP College Admissions, contact the Office of admissions.
Office of Admissions
University of the Philippines
Kalaw Corner Quirino Streets UP Diliman, Quezon City
- Telefax: +63 2 89274561
- Telephone: +63 2 8981-8500 loc. 3287/3828/3830/3831
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://upcollegeadmissions.up.edu.ph
Source: University of the Philippines